From: Martini Mark Martini on
Installed: Vista Pro SP2, Office Small Biz 2007
Both are WIN 32 EN (assuming this is 32bit op sys - english version)

History: Updates usually install ok. Periodically needed to manually install
(download the KB### - glb file from MS Site and run). All worked fine.

Recently Installed MS Project Std 2007

Now 3 updates (that are old and already installed) appear in 'Updates to
Install'
KB951550 - Security Update for MS Office 2007
KB951944 - Security Update for 2007 MS Office System
SP2 - 2007 MS Office Suite Service Pack 2

I tried repeately to install these both automatically and manually. No luck.
In manual, I get the message: "The expected version of the product was not
found on the system"

I uninstalled Project 2007 and these 3 KB files no longer appear in the
Updates Window. Then I manually ran the KB### - glb files for 550 and 944
just to be certain. OK, they appear to install (I assume both were already
installed)

Then re-installed MS Project Std 2007... and after a few cycles the same 3
KB files appear in the 'Updates to Install' window.. And, as before, they
will not install either automatically or manually...

What should I look for? How can I find where this communication is being
blocked? And what can I do to eliminate this particular mixup (and any in the
future, if possible)?

Thx, Mark