From: Carl on
I am running Project locally, not on a server.
Suppose I want all of the tasks to be changed to 7.5 hr calculation or 37.5
hr week. Will it work to assign the entire project and sub-tasks all to 7.5
hrs/37.5 hr week or do I need to do all individual tasks that way?

In other words, what's the highest level that I can set the tasks to this
setting?
And what is the best way to do this?

From: Rod Gill on
Select all tasks you want to change to the same value, then click the Task
information icon (or Shift+F2).

Fields you can't set are grayed out.

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5002 (20100405) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: Jan De Messemaeker on
Hi Carl,

I'm not sure I understand your exact requirement.
Your current durations are stored by Project in minutes.
Say your current setting is 8H/day then a task showing as 5 days is in fact
stored as 2400 minutes.

Now do you want that task to SHOW as 5,33 days (of 7,5 hrs) which leaves its
duration unchanged, or do you want its duration to CHANGE to 2250 minutes
(i.e. 5 days �f 7,5 hours)?

The first problem is simple enough, change Working Time to 7,5 hrs per day
and in Tools, Options, Calendar, change hours per day and Hours per week to
the appropriate number.

The second problem cannot be solved through a setting, each task has to be
changed.
There is a simpel VBA procedure (macro) that can do that for you:

Sub ChDur
dim Job as task
for each job in activeproject.tasks
if not job is nothing then
if not job.summary then
job.duration=job.duration *7.5/8
end if
end if
next job
end sub

Hope this helps,

--
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional