From: Kim A Kim on
We currently have Project 98. Yes, I know...ancient. Will that work on a
Microsoft 2007 system? And if so, would people trying to open something
created in 98 have trouble?
From: Jan De Messemaeker on
Hi,

What exactly do you mean by a Microsoft 2007 system?
Which people? Which version of Project would they run?

--
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional

From: Dale Howard [MVP] on
Kim A --

I think you are headed for problems. Microsoft Project 2007 can only open
projects created in the 2000, 2002, and 2003 versions of the software. I do
not believe it can open projects created in Project 98. Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

From: Kim A on
Sorry, would Project 98 install on a Windows 7 system? If our customers were
using a newer version of Project and they were trying to open a file we
created in Project 98, would that cause issues?

Kim A

From: Rob Schneider on
See Dale's reply.

My hunch is that Project 98 will work on Windows 7 but I never tried it
(nor am I likely to ever try). Instead of spending money upgrading
Windows, spend the money and upgrade Project to a newer or newest version.

Most importantly, don't mix versions on the same project team . Even
better, keep the number of copies of Project down to the very few who
maintain and publish the project model in Project. Resist temptation to
send out copies of this project model to others unless there is a real
need. Better to send out reports about the state of the project than
send out the raw data.

--rms

www.rmschneider.com