From: mdoster on
I'm working on a big project file for our whole department to use. I set up
a macro that will make some steps easier for my teammates. But then i just
realized (when i was testing something on one of their machines) that the
macro is tied to the software on my machine, not on the Project file itself.
Is there a way to associate the macro to the file show it shows up on any
department computer? I've looked through a couple of books and can't find
anything. The thought of rebuilding the macro on everyone's machine makes me
a bit nauseous.

Thanks!
From: Rod Gill on
Hi,

In the VBE, drag the module from the Global.mpt into the project folder. The
macro then travels with the file. Is that what you want?

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com

"mdoster" <mdoster(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm working on a big project file for our whole department to use. I set
> up
> a macro that will make some steps easier for my teammates. But then i
> just
> realized (when i was testing something on one of their machines) that the
> macro is tied to the software on my machine, not on the Project file
> itself.
> Is there a way to associate the macro to the file show it shows up on any
> department computer? I've looked through a couple of books and can't find
> anything. The thought of rebuilding the macro on everyone's machine makes
> me
> a bit nauseous.
>
> Thanks!

> signature database 5167 (20100602) __________