From: M Wade on
I have lost the Project Explorer windows in VB6. I have searched the
Web and found many with the same problem but have not found any answer.

What did I do and how can I undo it.

Thanks

Marv
From: Jeff Johnson on
"M Wade" <nowhere(a)columbus.rr.com> wrote in message

>I have lost the Project Explorer windows in VB6. I have searched the Web
>and found many with the same problem but have not found any answer.
>
> What did I do and how can I undo it.

When you choose View | Project Explorer or hit Ctrl+R, does the IDE lose
focus? (I.e., does the title bar turn the "inactive" color?) If so, the
Project Explorer is still there but off the screen. Unfortunately there does
not seem to be a keyoard shortcut to active a tool window's system menu or
I'd have a quick solution to this type of problem.

Under the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Visual Basic\6.0
are two binary values, Dock and Tool. Deleting one or both (with the IDE
closed) might do the trick. I have no idea what that might screw up, though.
(I will not make any intelligence-insulting registry disclaimers. If you're
too dumb to work with the registry properly you're too dumb to be
programming, right?)

From: Karl E. Peterson on
M Wade wrote:
> I have lost the Project Explorer windows in VB6. I have searched the Web and
> found many with the same problem but have not found any answer.
>
> What did I do and how can I undo it.

Cntl-R

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: M Wade on
On 3/30/2010 5:10 PM, Karl E. Peterson wrote:
> M Wade wrote:
>> I have lost the Project Explorer windows in VB6. I have searched the
>> Web and found many with the same problem but have not found any answer.
>>
>> What did I do and how can I undo it.
>
> Cntl-R

That did it. I'll remember this now. Thanks
From: Nobody on
> On 3/30/2010 5:10 PM, Karl E. Peterson wrote:
>> M Wade wrote:
>>> I have lost the Project Explorer windows in VB6. I have searched the
>>> Web and found many with the same problem but have not found any answer.
>>>
>>> What did I do and how can I undo it.
>>
>> Cntl-R
>>
> That did it. I'll remember this now.

No, don't remember it. Go to the View menu, and see what's the keyboard
shortcut for "Project Explorer".