From: Gian-Luca on
With Win2k I can use PsSetLoadImageNotifyRoutine but there is no link to the
PsRemoveLoadImageNotifyRoutine.
But if I use the first I also HAVE to use the second in order to avoid a
BSOD when i dischard the driver.

What I can do in order to use the PsSetLoadImageNotifyRoutine and avoid a
blue screen?

From: Don Burn on
With Win2k you should not have an Unload routine in a driver with
PsSetLoadImageNotifyRoutine.

--
Don Burn (MVP, Windows DDK)
Windows 2k/XP/2k3 Filesystem and Driver Consulting

From: Gian-Luca on
You're telling me that if I use PsSetLoadImageNotifyRoutine on Loading my
driver, I've not to use the PsRemoveLoadImageNotifyRoutine to remove the
call back when I discard my driver? (the driver can be loaded and then
unloaded from system more time, it should not be resident)
I've attempt to do this, but after the driver is unloaded from Windows and I
launch an application, the sytem give me a beautiful Blue screen.
It seems that the kernel try to load the callback even if The code was
discarded from memory!! so wath I can do?

Thank's Don

From: Don Burn on
Not on Win2K, it doesn't work correctly, which is wasn't provided. For
Win2K you have to accept the fact that your driver will stay resident for
once loaded.

From: Maxim S. Shatskih on
The driver which uses PsSetLoadImageNotifyRoutine cannot be resident.
Sorry. It cannot be unloaded without BSODs.

--
Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP
StorageCraft Corporation

"Gian-Luca" <GianLuca(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You're telling me that if I use PsSetLoadImageNotifyRoutine on Loading my
> driver, I've not to use the PsRemoveLoadImageNotifyRoutine to remove the
> call back when I discard my driver? (the driver can be loaded and then
> unloaded from system more time, it should not be resident)
> I've attempt to do this, but after the driver is unloaded from Windows and I
> launch an application, the sytem give me a beautiful Blue screen.
> It seems that the kernel try to load the callback even if The code was
> discarded from memory!! so wath I can do?
>
> Thank's Don
>
> "Don Burn" wrote:
>
> > With Win2k you should not have an Unload routine in a driver with
> > PsSetLoadImageNotifyRoutine.
> >

> > --
> > Don Burn (MVP, Windows DDK)
> > Windows 2k/XP/2k3 Filesystem and Driver Consulting
> > Remove StopSpam from the email to reply
> >

> > "Gian-Luca" <GianLuca(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > With Win2k I can use PsSetLoadImageNotifyRoutine but there is no link to
> > > the
> > > PsRemoveLoadImageNotifyRoutine.
> > > But if I use the first I also HAVE to use the second in order to avoid a
> > > BSOD when i dischard the driver.
> > >
> > > What I can do in order to use the PsSetLoadImageNotifyRoutine and avoid a
> > > blue screen?

Pages: 1
Prev: Adding printer ports
Next: GPRS / GSM Driver