From: RichLamb on
Yeah - thanks for the info guys. I think I'm now "full bottle" on how the hardware config works.
From: pallen on
Hi Steve, Thanks for the info on MAX configuration and database locations.  It explains what I saw recently when I had a PC reboot due to an unrelated issue right in the middle of installing drivers.  MAX itself started up fine.  But it could not connect to its database.  Probably due to it being corrupted when things suddenly shut off in the middle of an install.  (I read somewhere that computers don't like that sort of thing)  It's always interesting to get a better idea of what's going on under the hood.
From: Pie56694 on
Hi Patrick,I second your suspicion."MAX Database corruptions are rare, but may be caused when a system reboots
without being properly shut down due to a power loss or a system crash."&nbsp; From KnowledgeBase <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C7480E856987FFF862573AE005AB0D9?OpenDocument" target="_blank">4GA9TOQA</a>. Thanks for you work on the forums :smileywink: