From: Twibil on
On Feb 17, 2:14 pm, "Frank ess" <fr...(a)fshe2fs.com> wrote:

> >> Developed into a fine art by the Sierra Club and Greenpeace.
>
> > Uhh, asking for far more than you think you can get is the oldest
> > opening bargaining tactic in existence; dating back to just slightly
> > after the invention of dirt.
> > And trying to pretend that environmental groups use this tactic in
> > any way differently than do political bodies, corporate businesses,
> > unions, or religions -or pretending that the Sierra Club is somehow
> > better at it than any of those groups; all of whom are *much* better
> > funded-  means that you're either trying to promote a personal anti-
> > envrionmental group agenda or you *really* don't understand the
> > basic workings of the world.
>
> > Obviousman strikes again!
>
> I guess you may be right.
>
> Wait... That might not be your signature! You could be referring to
> /me/ as "Obviousman"! Omigod. I'm (maybe) devastated!
>
> Always nice to be noticed by Acid Breath, bane of the Inland Empire,
> though.

Oh, dear. Caught in yet another distortion, and trying to duck out of
responsibility by flinging pointless insults.

Why not just tell the truth to begin with, silly girl? It costs
nothing and has the added benefit of leaving you in an unassailable
position.

> How are things at the Agricultural Station? Manage to get that manure
> off your poker yet?

You ignorance is surpassed only by your arrogance, sweetlips; and
alas, that's not a combination that's calculated to make you look
good.

There are three (3) Ag Stations in the UC system: UC Davis (the
biggie), UC Berkeley, and UC Riverside. But *all* of the UC system
schools do research into subjects that touch on Ag in one way or
another, and the assumption that there must be something wrong with
any school that does Ag research is amazingly stupid, seeing that
practically *every* big university does some of the same: Stanford,
Yale, yadda yadda yadda....

It's part of the system that keeps you fed. (Duh.)

Feel like shooting yourself in the foot again, oh brainless one?
From: Frank ess on

Frank ess wrote:
> Paul Heslop wrote:
>> Chris H wrote:
>>>
>>> In message
>>> <5ec24d4e-7ca2-4d65-96f0-99fa25727ccc(a)v25g2000yqk.googlegroup
>>> s.com>, RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> writes

>>> The usual trick is to do something over the top like this
>>> (especially in election season) and then ditch it in favour of
>>> something far more reasonable.
>>>
>>> The reason they do that is the "something far more reasonable"
>>> would normally have not got anywhere due to objections if they
>>> started with it without the scare tactics first. However it is
>>> such a big improvement on the proposed law such as the one above
>>> they started with people think they have won over the
>>> government......
>>>
>> I agree, this is a typical tactic of our govts, both lab and con.
>
> Developed into a fine art by the Sierra Club and Greenpeace.

I apologize for my flippant remark about a subject I am apparently no
longer expert in.

I apologize for injuries to any Sierras, Clubs, or Peaces of any
color.

I apologize if any shite-pokers were offended, or any Empires of
Inland, Outland, Never-Neverland and whatall-else lands there might
be.

I apologize to frequenters of these or any groups who suffered due to
my thoughtless words; you know who you are (and how you suffered)(Oh,
how you suffered!).

I am truly contrite.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Sleep tight,

--
Frank ess

"Perhaps I'm old and tired, but I always think
the chances of finding out what really is going on
are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do
is to say 'Hang the sense of it' and just
keep yourself occupied".
-- Slartibartfast

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-02-18 18:54:39 -0800, "Frank ess" <frank(a)fshe2fs.com> said:

> Frank ess wrote:
>> Paul Heslop wrote:

>>> I agree, this is a typical tactic of our govts, both lab and con.
>>
>> Developed into a fine art by the Sierra Club and Greenpeace.
>
> I apologize for my flippant remark about a subject I am apparently no
> longer expert in.
>
> I apologize for injuries to any Sierras, Clubs, or Peaces of any color.
>
> I apologize if any shite-pokers were offended, or any Empires of
> Inland, Outland, Never-Neverland and whatall-else lands there might be.
>
> I apologize to frequenters of these or any groups who suffered due to
> my thoughtless words; you know who you are (and how you suffered)(Oh,
> how you suffered!).
>
> I am truly contrite.
>
> Thank you for your kind attention.
>
> Sleep tight,

It seems we are short on followers of Wiley's Non Sequitur, Outland (or
any Berkley Breathed stuff), or the sand pit known as the IE (unless
you know the location of a meth lab.)

Don't worry about the Sierra Club, even they didn't stick to the
principles they were founded on. Green Peace has pretty much proved to
be oxymoronic, they are not "green" and they don't have any intention
of being peaceful.
--
Regards,

Savageduck