From: Cliff on
On Fri, 21 May 2010 19:47:30 -0700 (PDT), Joe788 <larryrozer(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>Posted the wrong link. This link provides a lot more detail:
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmFnq4_MkaY&feature=related

Does it tell you how to drill a few holes?
<Snicker>
--
Cliff
From: cncmillgil on
On May 21, 9:01 pm, Joe788 <larryro...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Siemens, who has the worlds worst CADCAM marketing, proves again they
> are again at the forefront when it comes to technology innovation.
>
> NX 7.5 has begun the process of adopting the methods behind
> Synchronous Technology and applying them to surfacing.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPcYhtszH9c

No wait........ I thought Cimatron had the worst CADCAM
marketing........ Hmmmm

So this no history thing.... I'm curious.
Say you were doing some very simple things, like us morons you refer
to, nothing like adavanced surfacing that Jon or Joe or Woodja does.
Like a sets of screw holes with a defined spacing between centers,
with threads & c-bores & maybe dowel pins associated with them. Lots
of them, now.
Oh my my, your assembly now has changed sizes. You need to re-space
all those screws that were put in the very beginning & were associated
to the assembly size, maybe add more? change thread size? Who knows? W/
O a history, seems that may be a problem? How does that work?
Maybe your designing a mold & you need to plug all the KO pin holes,
like us lowly folk do.
With history based modelers you just suppress those unwanted features.
What happens in a non history based modeler? Plug each one of those
100 surface contoured holes individually?

Please enlighten us dumb asses Jon
Hurry up & get some answers fer us simpletons.
I'll have more questions on non hiztory based systems, because ALL
current histrory based systems are doomed. right?

--

BB's #119
Careful that the illusion

~g~

From: Gunner Asch on
On Mon, 24 May 2010 17:55:24 -0700, Garlicdude <pulsar(a)garlic.com>
wrote:

>Gunner Asch wrote:
>> On Mon, 24 May 2010 15:15:41 -0700 (PDT), cncmillgil <milgil(a)cin.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> I'm guessing lower Michigan #1 (Detriot?)
>>> Who's #2
>>> We aint do'in to well here in the "land of corruption" - Obama ville.
>>> Mold shops......... lost hundreds in the last few years, just in Chi-
>>> town burbs. The ones left barely hanging on, have invested heavily in
>>> new technology.
>>> Friend of mine is closing his doors- Die-cast mold shop been in
>>> business 30+yrs- Good guy, hard working- quality jobs, I worked for
>>> him for a while. Aution is in June, probably lucky to get 50k for all
>>> equipment, mills, grinders, EDM's, CNC's. To bad his Mastercam &
>>> Solidworks seats are not sell-able.
>>

>> According to ol Bill...machining is just hunkey dory.
>>
>> Gunner
>>

>I bought a used Bridgeport mill from a fellow a couple of years ago. I got to
>talking with him and he said, "First we cleaned out the shops in New England
>and now we're cleaning out the shops in the mid-west."

The Gossco auction 2 weeks ago only had 3 dealers at it. When I asked
where were the rest of the dealers....Skulsky said...what rest? No one
had any money to buy machines.

Mori-Seiki SL8, with a spindle BORE of 24", went for 28k..grudgenly.

Lots of oil field and pipe guys in California. Well...according to Bill
there are.....

I checked Monster again a few minutes ago. 16 jobs within 250 miles of
me. Most of which are resume gatherers from the length of time their ads
have been running.

Gunner

From: Joe788 on
On May 24, 7:50 pm, Gunner Asch <gunnera...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 May 2010 17:55:24 -0700, Garlicdude <pul...(a)garlic.com>
> wrote:
>

> >Gunner Asch wrote:

> >> According to ol Bill...machining is just hunkey dory.
>
> >> Gunner
>
> >I bought a used Bridgeport mill from a fellow a couple of years ago.  I got to
> >talking with him and he said,  "First we cleaned out the shops in New England
> >and now we're cleaning out the shops in the mid-west."
>
> The Gossco auction 2 weeks ago only had 3 dealers at it.  When I asked
> where were the rest of the dealers....Skulsky said...what rest?  No one
> had any money to buy machines.
>
> Mori-Seiki  SL8, with a spindle BORE of 24", went for 28k..grudgenly.
>
> Lots of oil field and pipe guys in California.  Well...according to Bill
> there are.....
>
> I checked Monster again a few minutes ago.  16 jobs within 250 miles of
> me. Most of which are resume gatherers from the length of time their ads
> have been running.
>
> Gunner

I thought you were in LA? Monster shows 111 jobs within 200 miles of
Los Angeles when searching for "Machinist."

From: Cliff on
On Mon, 24 May 2010 19:50:26 -0700, Gunner Asch <gunnerasch(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>I checked Monster again a few minutes ago. 16 jobs within 250 miles of
>me

Try looking for somethng other than "garbage".
--
Cliff