From: Saluce65 on
I am creating a form that has quite a number of functions, all of which are
command buttons. Unfortunately, the more functionality I add, the more
buttons are added. I'd like to simplify the interface with a menu system,
but I don't know how to get a menu onto a form (if it is even possible).

Any suggestions on how to put a menu (or how to simplify the interface
without having umpteen jillion buttons for basic functions like New, Copy to
new, Print report, view reports, etc) would be greatly appreciated
From: Rick Brandt on
On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 15:29:39 -0800, Saluce65 wrote:

> I am creating a form that has quite a number of functions, all of which
> are command buttons. Unfortunately, the more functionality I add, the
> more buttons are added. I'd like to simplify the interface with a menu
> system, but I don't know how to get a menu onto a form (if it is even
> possible).
>
> Any suggestions on how to put a menu (or how to simplify the interface
> without having umpteen jillion buttons for basic functions like New,
> Copy to new, Print report, view reports, etc) would be greatly
> appreciated

You can use code to display a shortcut menu in the click event of a label
with the caption "menu". Basically you get right-click menu
functionality except with a left-click. Since shortcut menus can have
branching sub-menus you can provide a lot of menu functionality without
using much form real-estate.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...
From: Jeff Boyce on
Rick B. offers an approach in his response.

I'll just point out that adding a new command button every time you add new
functionality is an approach that will require considerable "maintenance".

If you'll describe a bit more about what you want to achieve (rather than
"how"), folks here may be able to offer more specific suggestions.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP