From: astral on
I am looking for Python OpenSSL library, for Python version 2.5.4 (on
Windows)
Which does not require to install Cygwin package. Need just to decrypt file,
then uninstall library.

From: Michael Crute on
On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 4:29 PM, astral
<astral(a)news.eternal-september.org> wrote:
> I am looking for Python OpenSSL library, for Python version 2.5.4 (on
> Windows)
> Which does not require to install Cygwin package. Need just to decrypt file,
> then uninstall library.

You might want to take a look at m2crypto[0]. While I have not
personally run it on Windows (runs great on OS X and Linux) they do
provide pre-compiled Windows binaries.

[0] http://chandlerproject.org/bin/view/Projects/MeTooCrypto

--
Michael E. Crute
http://mike.crute.org

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problem just with
potatoes. --Douglas Adams
From: geremy condra on
On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 1:29 PM, astral
<astral(a)news.eternal-september.org> wrote:
> I am looking for Python OpenSSL library, for Python version 2.5.4 (on
> Windows)
> Which does not require to install Cygwin package. Need just to decrypt file,
> then uninstall library.

Evpy[1] is designed to be a very easy-to-use interface to OpenSSL,
although it is by design limited to doing things the right way, so it
may not meet your needs.

Full disclosure, I'm its author.

Geremy Condra

[1]: http://gitorious.org/evpy
From: astral on

"Michael Crute" <mcrute(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 4:29 PM, astral
> <astral(a)news.eternal-september.org> wrote:
> > I am looking for Python OpenSSL library, for Python version 2.5.4 (on
> > Windows)
> > Which does not require to install Cygwin package. Need just to decrypt
file,
> > then uninstall library.
>
> You might want to take a look at m2crypto[0]. While I have not
> personally run it on Windows (runs great on OS X and Linux) they do
> provide pre-compiled Windows binaries.
>
> [0] http://chandlerproject.org/bin/view/Projects/MeTooCrypto
>

> --
> Michael E. Crute
> http://mike.crute.org
>
> It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problem just with
> potatoes. --Douglas Adams
--------

which one is for windows, for Python version 2.5.4 ? And how to uninstall
when required?

From: Michael Crute on
On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 5:59 PM, astral
<astral(a)news.eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> You might want to take a look at m2crypto[0]. While I have not
>> personally run it on Windows (runs great on OS X and Linux) they do
>> provide pre-compiled Windows binaries.
>
> which one is for windows, for Python version 2.5.4 ? And how to uninstall
> when required?

I don't use windows so I can't help you with Windows specific
questions. The windows downloads are clearly marked for python 2.4,
2.5 and 2.6. Go back and read the entire page.