From: Keith Snyder on
How do I set up Q10 so that I can import my credit card transactions for FIA
credit card, and for Amex?

What a revolting development!

From: Han on
"Keith Snyder" <me(a)privacy.net> wrote in

> How do I set up Q10 so that I can import my credit card transactions
> for FIA credit card, and for Amex?
>
> What a revolting development!

My Costco Amex card does the one step update. No need for QIF. Have you
tried OFX or QFX format?

--
Best regards
Han
From: Art McClinton on

"Han" <nobody(a)nospam.not> wrote in message
> "Keith Snyder" <me(a)privacy.net> wrote in
>
>> How do I set up Q10 so that I can import my credit card transactions
>> for FIA credit card, and for Amex?
>>
>> What a revolting development!
>
> My Costco Amex card does the one step update. No need for QIF. Have you
> tried OFX or QFX format?

Not all credit cards have provided anything other than QIF files. My Home
Depot card and my office Diners Club Card only provide QIF downloads. The do
not provide any OFX or QFX downloads. Nor do they provide any form of direct
connect.

Since I have found not way to import the QIF files I have stopped using
those cards. I had been using them in MSMoney prior to the switch over to
Quicken.

From: Han on
"Art McClinton" <Art.McClinton(a)cox.net> wrote in

> "Han" <nobody(a)nospam.not> wrote in message
>> "Keith Snyder" <me(a)privacy.net> wrote in
>>
>>> How do I set up Q10 so that I can import my credit card transactions
>>> for FIA credit card, and for Amex?
>>>
>>> What a revolting development!
>>
>> My Costco Amex card does the one step update. No need for QIF. Have
>> you tried OFX or QFX format?
>>
> Not all credit cards have provided anything other than QIF files. My
> Home Depot card and my office Diners Club Card only provide QIF
> downloads. The do not provide any OFX or QFX downloads. Nor do they
> provide any form of direct connect.
>
> Since I have found not way to import the QIF files I have stopped
> using those cards. I had been using them in MSMoney prior to the
> switch over to Quicken.

Keith (the OP) mentioned an Amex card. I answered that part of the
question.

While downloading transactions is great, and especially serves well to
validate manually entered transactions, I often glance at the FI website
to see whether there are transactions psted that aren't yet available for
downloading (since there is often a 1-3 day delay between posting and
availability, depending on FI).
--
Best regards
Han
From: Keith Snyder on

"Han" <nobody(a)nospam.not> wrote in message
> "Keith Snyder" <me(a)privacy.net> wrote in
>
>> How do I set up Q10 so that I can import my credit card transactions
>> for FIA credit card, and for Amex?
>>
>> What a revolting development!
>
> My Costco Amex card does the one step update. No need for QIF. Have you
> tried OFX or QFX format?

I did download a QFX format for my FIA Visa Card. But I can't find a way to
import it to
the Quicken credit card account. I need help.

If I read the help screens correctly, Intuit wants me to register my
financial info so that Q10
can download transactions automatically. I hope I'm reading it wrong.

Any help will be much appreciated.