From: charliec on
For some reason (probably something I did), the amounts in each
account are now showing up in the left side of Q2010. Previously only
the Account Name showed up. How do I change Q to sonly display the
name and not the balances in that column.

Thanks
Charliec
From: CSM1 on
charliec(a)email.com wrote in news:4ghlq5dd7k69poren1t8g8khjtms9gfb45@
4ax.com:

> For some reason (probably something I did), the amounts in each
> account are now showing up in the left side of Q2010. Previously only
> the Account Name showed up. How do I change Q to sonly display the
> name and not the balances in that column.
>
> Thanks
> Charliec

That is a setting in Quicken preferences.

Open a data file (Edit menu shows after data file is open).
Edit > Preferences > Quicken Preferences.
Click Navigation (select Startup, Navigation).

In the box Optional Navigation, Check Show Account bar, then tick On
left for the normal view of Account bar on the left and Account register
on the Right.

OK to save the setting.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
From: John Pollard on
charliec(a)email.com wrote:
> For some reason (probably something I did), the amounts in each
> account are now showing up in the left side of Q2010. Previously only
> the Account Name showed up. How do I change Q to sonly display the
> name and not the balances in that column.

Right-click in the Account Bar. Select "Hide amounts".

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

From: charliec on
That is checked as you indicated, but the amounts still shows.

From: charliec on
Ok, go it - that works. Thanks