From: Gordon on
One of my Quicken 2008 Premier accounts suddenly has created a QTX
file. It appears to me this is related to tax planning. I do not
need or want Quicken doing any tax planning for me.

Is there any problem if I delete the QTX file?

Is there any thing I need to turn off or setting I need to change so I
do not generate such files in the future?
-
Email will be:
2Cybers at gmail-dot-com

Gordon Potter
Atlanta, GA
USA
From: John Pollard on
Gordon Potter wrote:
> One of my Quicken 2008 Premier accounts suddenly has created a QTX
> file.

> It appears to me this is related to tax planning.

I agree.

> I do not
> need or want Quicken doing any tax planning for me.
>
> Is there any problem if I delete the QTX file?

I don't think you will have any problem, if you delete the QTX file. But
you can start by renaming it, just in case; if you experience no problems,
delete the renamed file.

> Is there any thing I need to turn off or setting I need to change so I
> do not generate such files in the future?

I believe the QTX file gets created when you "open" the Quicken Tax
Planner.

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help