From: bgrinwis on
bgrinwis had written this in response to
http://www.rockryno.com/quicken/Re-Any-Mac-users-going-to-try-Quicken-Essentials-20796-.htm
:
Do not buy this software if you want Direct bill pay.
The other features are not worth losing it.

-------------------------------------
Lawrence Haber wrote:

> Paul Anderson <paulranderson(a)charter.net> wrote:

>> Are any other Mac users going to buy Quicken Essentials? Are
>> there some
>> wonderful new features that will offset the loss of a direct bill
>> payment feature?
>>
>> Paul

> In a word, no.

Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
Tax and Accounting Software Forums
alt.comp.software.financial.quicken - 20966 messages and counting!
From: bgrinwis on

From: Ian McCall on
On 2010-03-05 16:18:32 +0000, bgrinwis_at_me_dot_com(a)foo.com (bgrinwis) said:

> bgrinwis had written this in response to
> http://www.rockryno.com/quicken/Re-Any-Mac-users-going-to-try-Quicken-Essentials-20796-.htm

> :
> Do not buy this software if you want Direct bill pay.

BillPay is more of a US thing - I'm in the UK, everything's direct
debit here anyway. It's not a feature that means anything to me. My use
of Quicken is simplistic - given a pile of transactions, where did the
money go, what's the figure going to look like at the end of the month,
and how am I doing in terms of budget. That's it, and Essentials looked
like it had all that. If it doesn't have the account graph in calendar
mode though, then I'm probably not using it as that's what I look at.

Would be nice if there was some kind of downloadable trial really, but
I can't see one.

Cheers,
Ian

From: Ian McCall on
On 2010-03-06 05:44:14 +0000, Ian McCall <ian(a)eruvia.org> said:

> On 2010-03-05 16:18:32 +0000, bgrinwis_at_me_dot_com(a)foo.com (bgrinwis) said:
>
>> bgrinwis had written this in response to
>> http://www.rockryno.com/quicken/Re-Any-Mac-users-going-to-try-Quicken-Essentials-20796-.htm

:
Do

>> not buy this software if you want Direct bill pay.
>
> BillPay is more of a US thing - I'm in the UK, everything's direct
> debit here anyway.

....ah, oops - thread cross. Thought this was still my earlier thread
about Quicken Essentials. Sorry.

Cheers,
Ian

From: Vigo on

"Ian McCall" <ian(a)eruvia.org> wrote in message
> On 2010-03-06 05:44:14 +0000, Ian McCall <ian(a)eruvia.org> said:
>
>> On 2010-03-05 16:18:32 +0000, bgrinwis_at_me_dot_com(a)foo.com (bgrinwis)
>> said:
>>
>>> bgrinwis had written this in response to
>>> http://www.rockryno.com/quicken/Re-Any-Mac-users-going-to-try-Quicken-Essentials-20796-.htm>
> :
> Do not buy this software if you want Direct bill pay.
>>
>> BillPay is more of a US thing - I'm in the UK, everything's direct debit
>> here anyway.
>
> ...ah, oops - thread cross. Thought this was still my earlier thread about
> Quicken Essentials. Sorry.
>
> Cheers,
> Ian

I bought it and returned it for a refund the next day. It was so different
from the Quicken I'm used to that I couldn't even figure out how to use
it -- and I've been using Quicken Windows for about 16 years.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: QTX files
Next: Outlook Express toolbar icons changed