From: Leythos on
In article <6shdk55p2c2nk7tljj76bojs53l0v4fk2d(a)4ax.com>,
fat.charlie(a)yahoo.com says...

> >Do I have strict technical stats published somewhere - NO
> >Do I have details for you to inspect - NO
> >Do I have this information validated by a third-party - NO
>
> Thank you for validating your credibility!! LOL!!

You're welcome, and thanks for showing that you are unwilling to learn
from anyone's experience with the products you asked about.

Trust yourself.
From: fat.charlie on
On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 14:47:28 +0100, FredW <fredw(a)blackholespam.net>
wrote:

>On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 17:53:58 -0500, fat.charlie(a)yahoo.com wrote:
>>On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 16:18:42 -0500, "David H. Lipman"
>>>
>>>I have done my own tests and I don't change what I posted.
>>>
>>>I suggest you ignore me.
>>
>>OK David I will ignore you as you have suggested. I find it rather
>>shallow and disingenuous of you sir to make misleading comments and
>>recommendations about security matters guised as fact to others and
>>then when asked to substantiate your claims and recommendations with
>>data, you cannot or will not do so. It is pathetically transparent.
>

>David gave his opinion.
>You gave your opinion.
>You did not provide any "proof" to substantiate your opinion.
>What is your problem?
>That he does not agree with you?

I was not challenged to provide any proof. He was. One need only
browse the net for glowing reviews of the Norton 2009/2010 product
line. In addition why not check rthe ICSA test scores and validation
status and don't forget Virus Bulletion's 100% in the wild rating. He
cited personal data that he had accumulated hinmself after working on
"thousands of PC's" so I asked to see it. He is unable to produce it.
My sources are public domain and open for all to see. His were
privately held (or so he leads us to believe) and so I requested
access. LikeI said he is full of cow manure.

However in the spirit of fairness and to set an example for Mr Lipman
to grow by here is just one of many ratings sites that rate Symantec
above ALL others.

Symantec's 2009 of security products were rated "Product of the Year
2009' at this independent AV Comparison site

http://www.av-comparatives.org/comparativesreviews/main-tests/summary-reports

OK MR Lipman YOUR TURN......
From: Leythos on
In article <uifek51cmfklfug8dq3sbssn0mor9ok402(a)4ax.com>,
fat.charlie(a)yahoo.com says...
> One need only
> browse the net for glowing reviews of the Norton 2009/2010 product
> line.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA - and in for every glowing example on a review
website, corporate website, blog, there are equal or more reviews that
say it's trashed systems, decreased performance, caused problems....

I can remember when Zeos was given the #1 rating in PC Magazine for
almost a year of issues, bought one because of the reviews and learned
that the motherboard was broken, had wirewrap sockets in some instances,
tied IRQ lines to each other....

Symantec is a good product, better then most of the others, but, after
MY EXPERIENCE, I've switched to Avira.

Trust yourself.
From: Leythos on
In article <4b475ef6$0$23160$88263eea(a)blocknews.net>, trt(a)void.com
says...
> Hahahahahaha!

I see that you had NOTHING of value to add to the discussion - shows
that you don't really have any experience.

Trust yourself.
From: David H. Lipman on
From: <fat.charlie(a)yahoo.com>

| On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 14:47:28 +0100, FredW <fredw(a)blackholespam.net>
| wrote:

>>On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 17:53:58 -0500, fat.charlie(a)yahoo.com wrote:
>>>On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 16:18:42 -0500, "David H. Lipman"

>>>OK David I will ignore you as you have suggested. I find it rather
>>>shallow and disingenuous of you sir to make misleading comments and
>>>recommendations about security matters guised as fact to others and
>>>then when asked to substantiate your claims and recommendations with
>>>data, you cannot or will not do so. It is pathetically transparent.

>>David gave his opinion.
>>You gave your opinion.
>>You did not provide any "proof" to substantiate your opinion.
>>What is your problem?
>>That he does not agree with you?

| I was not challenged to provide any proof. He was. One need only
| browse the net for glowing reviews of the Norton 2009/2010 product
| line. In addition why not check rthe ICSA test scores and validation
| status and don't forget Virus Bulletion's 100% in the wild rating. He
| cited personal data that he had accumulated hinmself after working on
| "thousands of PC's" so I asked to see it. He is unable to produce it.
| My sources are public domain and open for all to see. His were
| privately held (or so he leads us to believe) and so I requested
| access. LikeI said he is full of cow manure.

| However in the spirit of fairness and to set an example for Mr Lipman
| to grow by here is just one of many ratings sites that rate Symantec
| above ALL others.

| Symantec's 2009 of security products were rated "Product of the Year
| 2009' at this independent AV Comparison site

| http://www.av-comparatives.org/comparativesreviews/main-tests/summary-reports

| OK MR Lipman YOUR TURN......

In CLOSED and PRIVATE Malware Research forum that very test was brought up. One person's
(who will reamin anonymous) opinion on this..

"AV-Comparatives Crowns Best Security Vendors = a really bad George Carlin Joke about Weed
Thats the largest collective group of f**ktards I have ever encountered. "
{ Quote censored for public }

And I agree !

--
Dave