From: fat.charlie on
On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 17:45:21 -0500, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>From: <fat.charlie(a)yahoo.com>
>
>| On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 14:47:28 +0100, FredW <fredw(a)blackholespam.net>
>| wrote:

>>>David gave his opinion.
>>>You gave your opinion.
>>>You did not provide any "proof" to substantiate your opinion.
>>>What is your problem?
>>>That he does not agree with you?
>
>| I was not challenged to provide any proof. He was. One need only
>| browse the net for glowing reviews of the Norton 2009/2010 product
>| line. In addition why not check rthe ICSA test scores and validation
>| status and don't forget Virus Bulletion's 100% in the wild rating. He
>| cited personal data that he had accumulated hinmself after working on
>| "thousands of PC's" so I asked to see it. He is unable to produce it.
>| My sources are public domain and open for all to see. His were
>| privately held (or so he leads us to believe) and so I requested
>| access. LikeI said he is full of cow manure.
>
>| However in the spirit of fairness and to set an example for Mr Lipman
>| to grow by here is just one of many ratings sites that rate Symantec
>| above ALL others.
>
>| Symantec's 2009 of security products were rated "Product of the Year
>| 2009' at this independent AV Comparison site
>
>| http://www.av-comparatives.org/comparativesreviews/main-tests/summary-reports
>
>| OK MR Lipman YOUR TURN......
>
>In CLOSED and PRIVATE Malware Research forum that very test was brought up. One person's
>(who will reamin anonymous) opinion on this..
>
>"AV-Comparatives Crowns Best Security Vendors = a really bad George Carlin Joke about Weed
>Thats the largest collective group of f**ktards I have ever encountered. "
>{ Quote censored for public }
>
>And I agree !

Thank you for sharing "one man's opinion" which hardly debunks many
glowing test results and performance reviews of Norton 2009/2010
security product line. It is quite evident Dacvid you are best left
ignored because you have NO USEFUL DATA to share other than your own
unsubstrantiated 'findings' and then this pathetic so-called testimony
from a "closed and private" malware research forum....It's OK
Davey..looks like that's the best you can do. Thanks for the chuckle,
and I'm sure i am not alone in this amusement you provide....
From: Mumia W. on
On 01/08/2010 04:45 PM, David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: <fat.charlie(a)yahoo.com>
> [...]
>
> | OK MR Lipman YOUR TURN......
>
> In CLOSED and PRIVATE Malware Research forum that very test was brought up. One person's
> (who will reamin anonymous) opinion on this..
>
> "AV-Comparatives Crowns Best Security Vendors = a really bad George Carlin Joke about Weed
> Thats the largest collective group of f**ktards I have ever encountered. "
> { Quote censored for public }
>
> And I agree !

Mr. Lipman, you are being trolled by fat.charlie.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Mumia W." <paduille.4061.mumia.w+nospam(a)earthlink.net>

| On 01/08/2010 04:45 PM, David H. Lipman wrote:
>> From: <fat.charlie(a)yahoo.com>
>> [...]

>> | OK MR Lipman YOUR TURN......

>> In CLOSED and PRIVATE Malware Research forum that very test was brought up. One
>> person's
>> (who will reamin anonymous) opinion on this..

>> "AV-Comparatives Crowns Best Security Vendors = a really bad George Carlin Joke about
>> Weed
>> Thats the largest collective group of f**ktards I have ever encountered. "
>> { Quote censored for public }

>> And I agree !

| Mr. Lipman, you are being trolled by fat.charlie.

Yes ! :-)

--
Dave

From: Dustin Cook on
fat.charlie(a)yahoo.com wrote in news:6shdk55p2c2nk7tljj76bojs53l0v4fk2d@
4ax.com:

>>Do I have strict technical stats published somewhere - NO
>>Do I have details for you to inspect - NO
>>Do I have this information validated by a third-party - NO
>
> Thank you for validating your credibility!! LOL!!

Speaking of credibilty.. I have that as a current Malware Researcher for
malwarebytes (almost 2.5 years now); a certified tech, as well as a former
virus writer; well known, well published...

What are your creditials in this field, sir?

--
.... Those are my thoughts anyways...

From: Charlie on
On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:04:50 GMT, Dustin Cook
<bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>fat.charlie(a)yahoo.com wrote in news:6shdk55p2c2nk7tljj76bojs53l0v4fk2d@
>4ax.com:
>
>>>Do I have strict technical stats published somewhere - NO
>>>Do I have details for you to inspect - NO
>>>Do I have this information validated by a third-party - NO
>>
>> Thank you for validating your credibility!! LOL!!
>
>Speaking of credibilty.. I have that as a current Malware Researcher for
>malwarebytes (almost 2.5 years now); a certified tech, as well as a former
>virus writer; well known, well published...
>
>What are your creditials in this field, sir?

None. Absolutely none. I never claimed to be an AV expert myself nor
did I claim to have private forum / closed test data that refuted the
leading AV testing sources. Like David Lipman has ..but refuses to
post his 'data.' Evidently it's secret ...ya think sweet thang?

My posts cited public domain certified AV product test, detection
scores and respective rankings sites.

SUCH AS: AV Comparatives

http://www.av-comparatives.org/ <- crowns Symantec security products
BEST of 2009 (Gold Award) beating out ALL others including eSet
(NOD32) and Kaspersky. This annual Gold Award is now prominently
displayed on their homepage.

- in-depth test results and summaries here:
http://www.av-comparatives.org/comparativesreviews/main-tests/summary-reports

That's the beauty you see..no one needs to be a PC security expert
(like David Lipman claims to be - except it's "all secret!")

All that ANYONE needs to be able to do is READ the test results,
verify the sources and draw the logical conclusions. There are many AV
products that are ICSA certified that give adequate security.
Sometimes it is just a matter of installing the trial versions and
making a selection among certified vendors that suits your personal
needs and tastes.

So to summarize - NO...I AM NOT an AV expert. Never claimed to be!

No one needs to be an 'Expert to make a smart decision. Select from
certified vendors listed on highly respected sites and you'll be
adequately secure.

It just happens that for 2009 Norton products were selected TOP of
2009. I like and use Norton so I posted the relevant links. Your issue
needs to be taken up with AV-Comparatives, ICSA, Virus Bulletin and
the like who all score the 2009/2010 line from Norton to be certified
and exceptional. If I'm pissing in your Cheerios - tuff.