From: Chegra26 on
I have a database which I created for schoool registration. I am wanting to
make it more simple so parents only go to one location for registration. For
example a parent has a child in the Elem School, Middle School and High
School, so they go to the High SChool they can register all 3 children in one
stop. I have the database set up with switchboards that redirect you to a
form which can hold up to 3 children. The purpose of this was to eleiminate
multiple entries so how can I fix the data base to automatically separate the
schools but still contain all the contact information. I think this can be
done by a query but unsure how to do it.
I also have the information merged into the forms that they wll need to
print, however the forms are in word. Can I set this database up to include
a print feature that will automatically take them to their form without
seeing everyone else in the database.
From: PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com on
Chegra26 wrote:
>I have a database which I created for schoool registration. I am wanting to
>make it more simple so parents only go to one location for registration. For
>example a parent has a child in the Elem School, Middle School and High
>School, so they go to the High SChool they can register all 3 children in one
>stop. I have the database set up with switchboards that redirect you to a
>form which can hold up to 3 children. The purpose of this was to eleiminate
>multiple entries so how can I fix the data base to automatically separate the
>schools but still contain all the contact information. I think this can be
>done by a query but unsure how to do it.
>I also have the information merged into the forms that they wll need to
>print, however the forms are in word. Can I set this database up to include
>a print feature that will automatically take them to their form without
>seeing everyone else in the database.

First off, you should have ONE database for all the schools.

Family---(1,M)---Child---(1,M)---Registration---(M,1)----School

Set the data entry property of the form (in design view) to TRUE.