From: lettyg82 on
Good Morning. I am trying to figure out how to calculate the number of days
between two dates. I have a table callled events. That table has event
date, event type, event outcome. I am pretty new to Access and need help.

For example a defendant will have an Advisement Date (AA as stored in the
table) and say a Preliminary Hearing date (PH). When i enter information I
will enter the date, event type and the event outcome will be (PD for
Pending, CN for Continued, or CP for completed). For example Case Number
10-12345 will have an AA on 01/05/10 which is Completed and a Preliminary
Hearing on 02/05/10 which was Continued then another Preliminary Hearing date
on 02/19/10 which was completed. I want to be able to calculate in a report
the number of days between AA and PH date that are completed dates. Is the
way that I have the table set up going to allow me to do this or do i have to
change the labels and have those specific hearings as field names.
Also the table name where i house the Events Info is: tbl_FV_Events
the fields are CR (Court case report number - in this table it is the child
field) , EventDt, EventTypeCd (This pulls from a lookup table called
tbl_LU_EventType), EventOutcomeCd (This pulls from a lookup table called
tbl_LU_EventOutcome.

Also as an FYI:
tbl_FV_CaseInfo is the ONE table and all my other tables are the MANY
tables. CR is the parent field on tbl_FV_CaseInfo, where CR in tbl_FV_Events
is the child field.

Please help

From: Cesar on
try
DateDiff(interval, date1, date2 [, firstdayofweek] [, firstweekofyear] )