From: Roy on
I am trying to have windows 7 running inside virtual pc which will be hosted
by windows XP.
Can someone tell me if the latest Microsoft Virtual PC could be hosted by
windows XP or not?
If not, can windows 7 running inside the previous version Virtual PC 2007?
From: David Wilkinson on
Roy wrote:
> I am trying to have windows 7 running inside virtual pc which will be hosted
> by windows XP.
> Can someone tell me if the latest Microsoft Virtual PC could be hosted by
> windows XP or not?
> If not, can windows 7 running inside the previous version Virtual PC 2007?

The latest "Windows Virtual PC" will only run on a Windows 7 host.

Windows 7 will run as a guest in Virtual PC 2007, but if you do not have
hardware virtualization it may run very poorly, because VPC 2007 was not updated
for Windows 7.

Windows 7 guest runs fine on VMWare workstation without hardware virtualization.

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP
From: Mark Rae [MVP] on
"David Wilkinson" <no-reply(a)effisols.com> wrote in message

> Windows 7 guest runs fine on VMWare Workstation without hardware
> virtualization.

And on WMWare Player, the free version...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

From: David Wilkinson on
Mark Rae [MVP] wrote:
> "David Wilkinson" <no-reply(a)effisols.com> wrote in message
>
>> Windows 7 guest runs fine on VMWare Workstation without hardware
>> virtualization.
>
> And on WMWare Player, the free version...

.... if you use VMX builder (also free) to build the machine.

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP
From: Mark Rae [MVP] on

>>> Windows 7 guest runs fine on VMWare Workstation without hardware
>>> virtualization.
>>
>> And on WMWare Player, the free version...
>
> ... if you use VMX builder (also free) to build the machine.

Not required these days...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP