From: Imran Vilcassim on
Dear Colleagues,

One of my customers are trying to minimize large attachments been sent via
Exchange to many people due to bandwidth considerations. I spoke to them
about shared attachments in outlook. a few questions on this?

1. I understand that when you use shared attachments, the document is still
attached and sent via email and also copied to a document workspace. can it
be prevented from sending the attachment via email and just have it sent to
the workspace?

2. If the above is not possible, is there a different mechanism where the
same objective can be achieved?

3. Can you set a maximum file size limit on for shared attachments stored in
WSS?

4. is there an easy way for users to locate a particular document
library/workspace without manually typing the URL each and everytime a
document needs to be saved?

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Imran
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Imran Vilcassim" <imran(a)aoli.net> wrote in message

> One of my customers are trying to minimize large attachments been sent via
> Exchange to many people due to bandwidth considerations. I spoke to them
> about shared attachments in outlook. a few questions on this?
>
> 1. I understand that when you use shared attachments, the document is still
> attached and sent via email and also copied to a document workspace. can it
> be prevented from sending the attachment via email and just have it sent to
> the workspace?
>
> 2. If the above is not possible, is there a different mechanism where the
> same objective can be achieved?
>
> 3. Can you set a maximum file size limit on for shared attachments stored in
> WSS?
>
> 4. is there an easy way for users to locate a particular document
> library/workspace without manually typing the URL each and everytime a
> document needs to be saved?

If I were you, I'd ask in microsoft.public.exchange.admin
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]