From: Ross on
I know the extra snippet of code for the web.config file goes into the system.web section for the ASP.NET custom applications, however I have placed this snippet into the sharepoint web configs in a couple places under system.web and have had no luck, my farm is up to date with service packs and hot fixes, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ross

smushka wrote:

FIPS and SharePoint, resolved
23-Oct-08

All,

To close out an issue I had opened back in February 08 - FIPS and
SharePoint now can work together!! The catch is: you need to apply
all of the Infrastructure Updates & the Cumulative Updates as
described here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/sharepoint/archive/2008/09/29/announcing-august-cumulative-update-for-office-sharepoint-server-2007-and-windows-sharepoint-services-3-0.aspx

but then you need to also update your website's machineKey setting to
specify the 3DES algorithm, as described here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911722

Without doing the change to web.config, I was getting the dreaded "An
unexpected error occurred" message when I opened up my SharePoint
site, after enabling the FIPS security policy in AD. Nothing in the
Event Logs, nothing in the "ULS" logs (the SharePoint logs, that's
what MS Support calls them, who knew!), nothing that would lead one to
have to update the web.config file. Once we made the change to
web.config (thanks to MS support) the SharePoint site finally did work
as it worked prior to enabling FIPS, no errors logged anywhere.

Steve

On Thursday, October 23, 2008 9:16 PM
smushka wrote:

[...]

SQL Server OLEDB DSNLess connection string sample
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/904e3fbd-a071-46c7-8357-24b339db72ea/sql-server-oledb-dsnless.aspx