From: TheGunslinger on
On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 23:10:49 -0400, Lucas <GLLas(a)starwars.com> wrote:

>How do I become good at programming? What C/C++ books would you recommend?
>
>For starters, I'm looking for information on the programming process. I
>want to know how to plan and design a program. So far, when I write a very
>small program I just hop on my computer and start typing. I know that's
>not how it's done in the real world, so how do real-world programmers
>design a huge program? Do they use psuedo code, or flow charts? (Perhaps
>both?)
>
>My last question involves the problem-solving process. How do you think
>out a problem? If I was "decent" at solving word problems in math does
>that mean I'll be "decent" at programming?
>
>One more question: Where do you get your programming ideas from?
>
>Thanks

One of the best text and lab manual series I have used for C++ is >

Programming and Problem Solving with C++, Dale, Weems, Headington

A Laboratory Course in C++, Dale

Not too sure which edition is current, so, I haven't listed that. The
edition set I have in my library is the 3rd.

This text/lab manual series was used in Intro to C++ course I took
years ago.

And when my precocious son was being home schooled, I used the 3rd
edition set, chapters 1 - 7 to get him started in learning
programming, per his request for a free elective.

Well worth checking out.

IMHO....

MJR

Pages: 1
Prev: Any online way to learn C and/or C++?
Next: so?