From: Jeannot on
I am looking at getting a DSP2024P, and the documentation on the
parametric part is as dismal as Behringer's tech support.

I need to know the number of bands, freq range, bandwidth and
adjustment range or the parametric eq part of the DSP2024P.

I know that for the FEEDBACK DESTROYER PRO DSP1124P, Behringer specs:

12-band stereo, 20-20khz frequency, 1/60 to 2 octave bandwidth, -48 to
+16db.

It is likely that the DSP2024P parametric eq specs are identical,
since they may use the same engines.

I would really appreciate if someone could confirm this for me.
From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Jeannot" <jeannot9(a)hawk.igs.net> wrote in message
>I am looking at getting a DSP2024P, and the documentation on the
> parametric part is as dismal as Behringer's tech support.
>
> I need to know the number of bands, freq range, bandwidth and
> adjustment range or the parametric eq part of the DSP2024P.
>
> I know that for the FEEDBACK DESTROYER PRO DSP1124P, Behringer specs:
>
> 12-band stereo, 20-20khz frequency, 1/60 to 2 octave bandwidth, -48 to
> +16db.
>
> It is likely that the DSP2024P parametric eq specs are identical,
> since they may use the same engines.
>
> I would really appreciate if someone could confirm this for me.

check table at 7.8 of the manual
http://www.behringer.com/EN/downloads/pdf/DSP2024P_P0147_M_EN.pdf

it has a parametric eq EFFECT for each channel but it is NOT a parametric
equalizer in the classic sense that one would use for system tuning
if you need a parametric eq for your system look at the deq2496

From: Jeannot on
On May 25, 2:54 am, "George's Pro Sound Co." <bm...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Jeannot" <jeann...(a)hawk.igs.net> wrote in message

> >I am looking at getting a DSP2024P, and the documentation on the
> > parametric part is as dismal as Behringer's tech support.
>
> > I need to know the number of bands, freq range, bandwidth and
> > adjustment range or the parametric eq part of the  DSP2024P.
>
> > I know that for the FEEDBACK DESTROYER PRO DSP1124P, Behringer specs:
>
> > 12-band stereo, 20-20khz frequency, 1/60 to 2 octave bandwidth, -48 to
> > +16db.
>
> > It is likely that the DSP2024P parametric eq specs are identical,
> > since they may use the same engines.
>
> > I would really appreciate if someone could confirm this for me.
>
> check table at 7.8 of the manualhttp://www.behringer.com/EN/downloads/pdf/DSP2024P_P0147_M_EN.pdf
>
> it has a parametric eq EFFECT for each channel but it is NOT a parametric
> equalizer in the classic sense that one would use for system tuning
> if you need a parametric eq for your system look at the deq2496

Thanks. But the Behringer people are also trying to have me buy their
param eq, but it it 3 times the price!
It does not matter to me what else the device can do, I look solely at
the parametric EQ part of it.

That table 7.8 specifies 200-10khz, -16 to +16 db. But nothing about
the Q factor (Table 2.6 indicates that it is adjustable, period) or
the number of bands.

In light of this, the DSP1124P feedback destroyer seems to have more
flexible ranges.

From: Arny Krueger on

> In light of this, the DSP1124P feedback destroyer seems
> to have more
> flexible ranges.

If the DSP 2024P indeed uses the same DSP engine as the DSP 1124P, then it
stands to reason that the DSP2024P would be less flexible as a parametric
equalizer than the DSP 1124P, because of all the additional processing
functions that that the DSP2024P provides.

The DSP 1124P is widely used by audiophiles as a parametric equalizer for
use with loudspeakers, especially subwoofers. If you search on the two
model numbers you will find some user experiences with both of them. Most
appear to be with the DSP1124P.

From: Jeannot on
On May 25, 9:59 am, "Arny Krueger" <ar...(a)hotpop.com> wrote:
> "Jeannot" <jeann...(a)hawk.igs.net> wrote in message

> > In light of this, the DSP1124P feedback destroyer seems
> > to have more
> > flexible ranges.
>
> If the DSP 2024P indeed uses the same DSP engine as the DSP 1124P, then it
> stands to reason that the DSP2024P would be less flexible as a parametric
> equalizer than the DSP 1124P, because of all the additional processing
> functions that that the DSP2024P provides.
>
> The DSP 1124P is widely used by audiophiles as a parametric equalizer for
> use with loudspeakers, especially subwoofers.  If you search on the two
> model numbers you will find some user experiences with both of them. Most
> appear to be with the DSP1124P.

Thanks guys!