From: jslcr1 on
On Mar 10, 7:44 am, hexHead <hexH...(a)msn.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 07:44:03 -0500, "Andrew" <and...(a)jkl.com> wrote:
> >Tim Conway wrote:
> >> "Targ" <n...(a)mail.invalid> wrote in message
>
> >> I just installed R8.  The balance column is back when sorting on
> >> "cleared". (It had been missing.)
>
> >Frightening, isn't it?  Almost like they read this NG to see what people are
> >complaining about.
>
> Rest assured, they don't.
> They don't even read or respond to support requests in their own
> forums.
>
> What's frightening is they're already up to patch #8 in less than 5
> months. Half of those patches fixed problems that were introduced in
> earlier patches.  (it speaks volumes about the quality of this
> product...)
> Seems their offshore development staff hasn't got a clue, but then
> what do you want for $1.20 a day in wages?

They do and did listen to the complaints about the running balance
being missing.
Go to the Quicken Live Community. There you can get help from other
users and sometimes a Quicken tech chimes in. Not often but sometimes.

https://qlc.intuit.com/app/full_page
From: Targ on
In alt.comp.software.financial.quicken, hexHead� wrote:

>What's frightening is they're already up to patch #8 in less than 5
>months. Half of those patches fixed problems that were introduced in
>earlier patches. (it speaks volumes about the quality of this
>product...)

I expect rather that over half had improvements to the Microsoft
Money converter, which was a new thing and was added later in the
cycle.

>Seems their offshore development staff hasn't got a clue, but then
>what do you want for $1.20 a day in wages?

Are you implying that you have a clue?
From: Bruce. on
"hexHead�" <hexHead(a)msn.com> wrote in message
> What's frightening is they're already up to patch #8 in less than 5
> months. Half of those patches fixed problems that were introduced in
> earlier patches. (it speaks volumes about the quality of this
> product...)

I'm a Money convert and I'm really enjoying the patch releases. MS almost
never released fixes in between major releases unless it was a show stopper.
The only way to get fixes was to buy the next release next year and hope
someone listtened and did something about it.

So while perfect programmers would be desirable, I'm very happy to see Inuit
releasing fixes in a timely fashion.

Bruce.

From: Bob Wang on
Quicken is being outsourced to the Inuits?!

From: Jerry Boyle on