From: Mikel Sunova on
OK...deactivating One Step Update (although I didn't activate it myself...it
was always Web Connect) solved the problem. The wierd thing is that with OSU
activated, the Online Services tab show as is pasted:

> One Step Update
> This account is connected via Web Connect
>
> One Step Update is activated Deactivate
> (button)

Kind of confusing...shows that connection is acheived via WC and OSU is
activated. Deactivating OSU, although solving the problem, removes the Web
Connect reference and changes the window to state:

OSU is available Activate OSU
(button)

A connection has been made between
this account and (name) Card Services Remove Connection (button)

No reference to Web Connect and states that OSU is available, which it is
not, and when OSU is activated, the account doesn't show up in the OSU
window.

Oh well, I guess I should be grateful that I can again (after many years) DL
QFX files.

Mikel

From: Bob Wang on
Mikel:
Capital One supports Web Connect.
When you do a One Step Update, you are actually using Express Web Connect.
A completely different animal than the Direct Connect One Step Update of
Quicken 2006 and earlier.
Bob

From: Mikel Sunova on

"Bob Wang" <BobWangBlog(a)Gmail.com> wrote in message
> Mikel:
> Capital One supports Web Connect.
> When you do a One Step Update, you are actually using Express Web Connect.
> A completely different animal than the Direct Connect One Step Update of
> Quicken 2006 and earlier.
> Bob

Since I deactivated (and am able to DL and open the QFX file), an option
appeared in the OSU window to activate OSU for the Cap One Card Services. I
did and am now able to DL transactions from within Quicken. A very nice
change. Thanks for the heads up!

Mikel

From: Marc Auslander on
Try CapOne direct connect again. I just again tried the set up a few
days ago and it's working for me.
From: Mikel Sunova on

"Marc Auslander" <marcslists(a)gmail.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Try CapOne direct connect again. I just again tried the set up a few
> days ago and it's working for me.

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the comment. I also have a direct connection for cap one checking
accounts, but for CCs, I think I have to use Cap One Card Services, and, as
mentioned earlier, I am now able to DL directly in Q. In fact, I can't
really tell the functional difference between the Direct Connect and the
Express Web Connection. They both function via OSU.

Thanks,
Mikel