From: Andrew on
Just got the wifey a lap top with Windoze 7 installed. I've been using XP
for years on the 'real' computer downstairs. But I must admit, Win 7 is
pretty slick, UI wise at least.

I am curious in Quicken (2010, if that makes any differences) has any
functions or capabilities that exploit stuff in Win 7 that might not be
available in XP? (for example, some 'gadget' or something to that effect).
Could be a reason to knuckle down and buy a new desktop machine if so.

Tnx!
Regards -

- Andrew

From: Steve JORDI on
Didn't notice any difference in Q2010 when I moved from XP to Win7
Ultimate...

Sincerely,
Steve JORDI

(Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address)
1197 Prangins Email: stevejordiK_I_L_LSPAM(a)hotmail.com
Switzerland WWW: www.sjordi.com
Volcanoes at www.sjordi.com/volcanoes
MovieDB at www.sjmoviedb.com
From: R. C. White on
Hi, Andrew.

You shouldn't notice any difference from inside Quicken. There are some
differences outside, but those generally get handled automatically. For
example, WinXP uses the Documents & Settings folder tree for many of its
settings; Win7 uses Users\<username> and the folder tree under that. But,
unless you insist on some manual "corrections", Quicken and Win7 will handle
all this automatically and you'll never notice the difference. (But I
haven't used WinXP in about 4 years, so maybe I've forgotten some stuff.)

Enjoy Win7! ;<)

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

From: Andrew Rossmann on
In article <4b74a10a$0$4988$607ed4bc(a)cv.net>, andrew(a)jkl.com says...

> Just got the wifey a lap top with Windoze 7 installed. I've been using XP
> for years on the 'real' computer downstairs. But I must admit, Win 7 is
> pretty slick, UI wise at least.
>
> I am curious in Quicken (2010, if that makes any differences) has any
> functions or capabilities that exploit stuff in Win 7 that might not be
> available in XP? (for example, some 'gadget' or something to that effect).
> Could be a reason to knuckle down and buy a new desktop machine if so.

Beyond what the others posted, there will be some cosmetic differences,
especially if you use the Aero interface.

And just like in Vista, unless you disable UAC, you cannot normally put
your data in the \Program Files folder. The default is in the \users
folder, but you can put it most anywhere other then \Program Files.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
From: Andrew on
Andrew Rossmann wrote:
> In article <4b74a10a$0$4988$607ed4bc(a)cv.net>, andrew(a)jkl.com says...
>>
>> Just got the wifey a lap top with Windoze 7 installed. I've been
>> using XP for years on the 'real' computer downstairs. But I must
>> admit, Win 7 is pretty slick, UI wise at least.
>>
>> I am curious in Quicken (2010, if that makes any differences) has any
>> functions or capabilities that exploit stuff in Win 7 that might not
>> be available in XP? (for example, some 'gadget' or something to
>> that effect). Could be a reason to knuckle down and buy a new
>> desktop machine if so.
>
> Beyond what the others posted, there will be some cosmetic
> differences, especially if you use the Aero interface.
>
> And just like in Vista, unless you disable UAC, you cannot normally
> put your data in the \Program Files folder. The default is in the
> \users folder, but you can put it most anywhere other then \Program
> Files.

Thanks Steve, Andrew, and R.C. for your comments. I was kinda of hoping
they'd be some super-duper Win 7 only features that are inside Q that get
'unlocked' (because Q can take advantage of some new underlying O/S
function) on Win 7 but I guess not. Thanks again.

Regards -

- Andrew