From: Arnie Goetchius on
I have a Memorized Payee for the deposit of my social security check. It
normally is deposited on the 4th of each month and will show up on the
Transactions view for one month in advance. This year, my bank
(Wachovia) deposited the check on 12/31/09 rather then 1/04/2010. So I
had two occurrences of the deposit on the transaction list. I wasn't
paying any attention but an automatic overdraft protection deposit from
my HELOC yesterday caught my eye.

To resolved this, I deleted the 01/04/2010 deposit from the transaction
list so the bank statement and Quicken now agree. However, Form SSA-1099
only reflected 12 payments from SSA which assumed 12 payments on the 4th
of each month. Actually, I received 13 payments because of the payment
on 12/31/09. This will now screw up my import from quicken to turbotax.
I'm thinking now that I should just change the 12/31/2009 deposit to
01/04/2010 so Quicken, Turbotax and Social Security Admin are all in
agreement. Any ideas?

From: CSM1 on
Arnie Goetchius <arnie.goetchius(a)invalid.domain> wrote in news:hl3tkg
$avf$1(a)news.eternal-september.org:

> I have a Memorized Payee for the deposit of my social security check.
It
> normally is deposited on the 4th of each month and will show up on the
> Transactions view for one month in advance. This year, my bank
> (Wachovia) deposited the check on 12/31/09 rather then 1/04/2010. So I
> had two occurrences of the deposit on the transaction list. I wasn't
> paying any attention but an automatic overdraft protection deposit
from
> my HELOC yesterday caught my eye.
>
> To resolved this, I deleted the 01/04/2010 deposit from the
transaction
> list so the bank statement and Quicken now agree. However, Form SSA-
1099
> only reflected 12 payments from SSA which assumed 12 payments on the
4th
> of each month. Actually, I received 13 payments because of the payment
> on 12/31/09. This will now screw up my import from quicken to
turbotax.
> I'm thinking now that I should just change the 12/31/2009 deposit to
> 01/04/2010 so Quicken, Turbotax and Social Security Admin are all in
> agreement. Any ideas?

Manually enter the SSA information from the 1099 in TurboTax.
Fix the date in your Quicken register to reflect the 12/31/09 deposit.
For when it was actually deposited.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
From: JM on
On Feb 12, 8:54 am, Arnie Goetchius <arnie.goetch...(a)invalid.domain>
wrote:
> I have a Memorized Payee for the deposit of my social security check. It
> normally is deposited on the 4th of each month and will show up on the
> Transactions view for one month in advance. This year, my bank
> (Wachovia) deposited the check on 12/31/09 rather then 1/04/2010. So I
> had two occurrences of the deposit on the transaction list. I wasn't
> paying any attention but an automatic overdraft protection deposit from
> my HELOC yesterday caught my eye.
>
> To resolved this, I deleted the 01/04/2010 deposit from the transaction
> list so the bank statement and Quicken now agree. However, Form SSA-1099
> only reflected 12 payments from SSA which assumed 12 payments on the 4th
> of each month. Actually, I received 13 payments because of the payment
> on 12/31/09. This will now screw up my import from quicken to turbotax.
> I'm thinking now that I should just change the 12/31/2009 deposit to
> 01/04/2010 so Quicken, Turbotax and Social Security Admin are all in
> agreement. Any ideas?

What does your Form SSA-1099 say? - I would follow that lead.
From: Arnie Goetchius on
JM wrote:
> On Feb 12, 8:54 am, Arnie Goetchius<arnie.goetch...(a)invalid.domain>
> wrote:
>> I have a Memorized Payee for the deposit of my social security check. It
>> normally is deposited on the 4th of each month and will show up on the
>> Transactions view for one month in advance. This year, my bank
>> (Wachovia) deposited the check on 12/31/09 rather then 1/04/2010. So I
>> had two occurrences of the deposit on the transaction list. I wasn't
>> paying any attention but an automatic overdraft protection deposit from
>> my HELOC yesterday caught my eye.
>>
>> To resolved this, I deleted the 01/04/2010 deposit from the transaction
>> list so the bank statement and Quicken now agree. However, Form SSA-1099
>> only reflected 12 payments from SSA which assumed 12 payments on the 4th
>> of each month. Actually, I received 13 payments because of the payment
>> on 12/31/09. This will now screw up my import from quicken to turbotax.
>> I'm thinking now that I should just change the 12/31/2009 deposit to
>> 01/04/2010 so Quicken, Turbotax and Social Security Admin are all in
>> agreement. Any ideas?
>
> What does your Form SSA-1099 say? - I would follow that lead.

SSA-1099 says there were only 12 deposits in 2009. Wachovia says there
were 13. Since I assume Wachovia will eventually correct their error,
I'll go with the SSA-1099.
From: Oilcan on
> Since I assume Wachovia will eventually correct their error

I wouldn't could on it. All they did is made your funds available one
day early. Move it to January if it bothers you so much.

Oilcan

Posted At: Saturday, February 13, 2010 9:50 AM
Posted To: alt.comp.software.financial.quicken
Conversation: Duplicate Deposit of Social Security Check?
Subject: Re: Duplicate Deposit of Social Security Check?