From: ak4595 on
ak4595 had written this in response to
http://www.rockryno.com/quicken/Re-Quicken-H-B-2007-won-t-start-14398-.htm
:
Sorry to ask a dumb question... but here goes anyway! I am using Quicken
2007 and it's also failing to open. How do I save data files without being
able to open it?... I have a backup but it's a month old so I hate the
thought of losing a lot of work from the last month before I try to
uninstall/reinstall...
any help greatly appreciated.

(Note I tried using in safe mode and it fails to open then too)

-------------------------------------
JimH wrote:

> Richard Evans wrote:
>> Out of the blue, I can no longer start Quicken. The splash screen
>> flashes briefly, and that's it. It won't start in Safe Mode
>> either.
>> I'm running XP SP2
>>
>> Any suggestions?

> I don't have H&B, but I had the same problem with Quicken. I spent
> several hours with Intuit support, and they were not able to resolve
> the
> problem.

> Before doing anything, make sure you have a good backup copy of your
> data files somewhere else. You don't want to destroy your data. You can

> use Windows explorer to copy your data files to another location, or to

> a CD.

> I tried a lot of things that did not work. If you haven't tried them
> you
> might try...
> - Reinstalling Quicken
> - Moving your data file, so quicken can't find it, then start the
> program without a data file. Then try opening your file.
> - Try your data on another computer.

> I ended up deleting the temp files in "c:documents and settingsall

> usersIntuitQuicken". I then did a "repair install". That
> resolved the
> problem.

> I believe that one of the temp files from account download had been
> corrupted. That caused the problems with the program. The reinstall was

> needed because the program expects some of the temp files to be there.
> Reinstalling placed new clean copies in the temp file directory.

> Hope this helps
> --
> Jim

Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
Tax and Accounting Software Forums
alt.comp.software.financial.quicken - 22561 messages and counting!