From: Art McClinton on
I am new to Quicken as I have just recently moved from Money. I am trying to
generate a report with the balance at the end of last month. The issue I
have is that many accounts (CD's primarily) have a balance of zero. I would
like to generate a report of all accounts that at the end of last month had
a non-zero balance. Within Money I could select all accounts and then
indicate on the setup screen to not include in the report any account which
had a zero balance. I can not seem to find a way to do this in Quicken. I
have been generating the report, exporting to Excel and then deleting the
lines with zero prior to printing.

For example when a CD Matures I have been transferring the funds to the new
account assigned by the FI, closing the express web connect, and hiding the
account in the account bar. I have not hid the account in Quicken (lists,
menus, reports) as want to export tax information and include it in Monthly
account balances over the year. I also do not check the do not include in
net worth total. Is this the correct way to handle it.

Art McClinton

From: CSM1 on
"Art McClinton" <Art.McClinton(a)cox.net> wrote in

> I am new to Quicken as I have just recently moved from Money. I am
> trying to generate a report with the balance at the end of last month.
> The issue I have is that many accounts (CD's primarily) have a balance
> of zero. I would like to generate a report of all accounts that at the
> end of last month had a non-zero balance. Within Money I could select
> all accounts and then indicate on the setup screen to not include in
> the report any account which had a zero balance. I can not seem to
> find a way to do this in Quicken. I have been generating the report,
> exporting to Excel and then deleting the lines with zero prior to
> printing.
>
> For example when a CD Matures I have been transferring the funds to
> the new account assigned by the FI, closing the express web connect,
> and hiding the account in the account bar. I have not hid the account
> in Quicken (lists, menus, reports) as want to export tax information
> and include it in Monthly account balances over the year. I also do
> not check the do not include in net worth total. Is this the correct
> way to handle it.
>
> Art McClinton

One thing you can do is customize the report, uncheck the accounts (on
the Accounts tab in customize) that you know to have a zero balance.

Those unchecked Accounts will not be included in the report.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
From: Art McClinton on

"CSM1" <nomail(a)nomoremail.com> wrote in message
> "Art McClinton" <Art.McClinton(a)cox.net> wrote in
>
>> I am new to Quicken as I have just recently moved from Money. I am
>> trying to generate a report with the balance at the end of last month.
>> The issue I have is that many accounts (CD's primarily) have a balance
>> of zero. I would like to generate a report of all accounts that at the
>> end of last month had a non-zero balance. Within Money I could select
>> all accounts and then indicate on the setup screen to not include in
>> the report any account which had a zero balance. I can not seem to
>> find a way to do this in Quicken. I have been generating the report,
>> exporting to Excel and then deleting the lines with zero prior to
>> printing.
>>
>> For example when a CD Matures I have been transferring the funds to
>> the new account assigned by the FI, closing the express web connect,
>> and hiding the account in the account bar. I have not hid the account
>> in Quicken (lists, menus, reports) as want to export tax information
>> and include it in Monthly account balances over the year. I also do
>> not check the do not include in net worth total. Is this the correct
>> way to handle it.
>>
>> Art McClinton
>>

> One thing you can do is customize the report, uncheck the accounts (on
> the Accounts tab in customize) that you know to have a zero balance.
>
> Those unchecked Accounts will not be included in the report.
>
> --
> CSM1
> http://www.carlmcmillan.com

I have actually done that for the past six months but that means that every
month I need to customize for that months report. I then need to also go
through and add check marks to the new accounts added within the last month.

From: Tim Conway on

"Art McClinton" <Art.McClinton(a)cox.net> wrote in message

> "CSM1" <nomail(a)nomoremail.com> wrote in message
>> "Art McClinton" <Art.McClinton(a)cox.net> wrote in
>>
>>> I am new to Quicken as I have just recently moved from Money. I am
>>> trying to generate a report with the balance at the end of last month.
>>> The issue I have is that many accounts (CD's primarily) have a balance
>>> of zero. I would like to generate a report of all accounts that at the
>>> end of last month had a non-zero balance. Within Money I could select
>>> all accounts and then indicate on the setup screen to not include in
>>> the report any account which had a zero balance. I can not seem to
>>> find a way to do this in Quicken. I have been generating the report,
>>> exporting to Excel and then deleting the lines with zero prior to
>>> printing.
>>>
>>> For example when a CD Matures I have been transferring the funds to
>>> the new account assigned by the FI, closing the express web connect,
>>> and hiding the account in the account bar. I have not hid the account
>>> in Quicken (lists, menus, reports) as want to export tax information
>>> and include it in Monthly account balances over the year. I also do
>>> not check the do not include in net worth total. Is this the correct
>>> way to handle it.
>>>
>>> Art McClinton
>>>

>> One thing you can do is customize the report, uncheck the accounts (on
>> the Accounts tab in customize) that you know to have a zero balance.
>>
>> Those unchecked Accounts will not be included in the report.
>>
>> --
>> CSM1
>> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
>
> I have actually done that for the past six months but that means that
> every month I need to customize for that months report. I then need to
> also go through and add check marks to the new accounts added within the
> last month.

Afraid so. It looks as though that's what you have to do. Select the new
accounts and uncheck the zero balance accounts each report.

From: CSM1 on
"Tim Conway" <tconway_113(a)comcast.net> wrote in

> "Art McClinton" <Art.McClinton(a)cox.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "CSM1" <nomail(a)nomoremail.com> wrote in message
>>> "Art McClinton" <Art.McClinton(a)cox.net> wrote in

>>> One thing you can do is customize the report, uncheck the accounts
>>> (on the Accounts tab in customize) that you know to have a zero
>>> balance.
>>>
>>> Those unchecked Accounts will not be included in the report.
>>>
>>> --
>>> CSM1
>>> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
>>
>> I have actually done that for the past six months but that means that
>> every month I need to customize for that months report. I then need
>> to also go through and add check marks to the new accounts added
>> within the last month.
>
> Afraid so. It looks as though that's what you have to do. Select the
> new accounts and uncheck the zero balance accounts each report.

You can maybe use the date range of monthly, Current Month, clear your
zero accounts and save the report.

That should give you a report each month, just use the saved report.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
 |  Next  |  Last