From: Tim Johnson on
Is there a way to remove a file from the recently used files list on the
File menu? I have a deleted database and I'd like it not to continue
appearing in the list. I have been unable to find where these are stored.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Tim
From: ps56k on

"Tim Johnson" <tajng(a)notvalidcox.net> wrote in message
> Is there a way to remove a file from the recently used files list on the
> File menu? I have a deleted database and I'd like it not to continue
> appearing in the list. I have been unable to find where these are stored.

try - QUSER.INI

mine was located here - and I was logged in as "admin" -

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\Intuit\Quicken\Config

From: Richard on
You don't indicate what version of Quicken you are using. In my case,
Quicken 2008, you want to navigate to QUSER.INI, open it with notepad and
you will see the list of recently used files. Just delete the ones, that you
don't want.

My recollection (not sure) is that QUSER.INI may have been named something
else in older versions so I'd search your primary drive for Q*.ini and
review each of the files until you find the one with the list of most
recently used files.

--
Richard

From: Tim Johnson on
On 3/20/2010 3:01 PM, ps56k wrote:
> try - QUSER.INI
> mine was located here - and I was logged in as "admin" -
> C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\Intuit\Quicken\Config

Thank you. That was it. I don't know how I missed it. Still getting used
to Win 7 I guess.

Tim
From: R. C. White on
Hi, Tim.

As the others pointed out, you forgot to mention which version - of either
Quicken or Windows - that you are using. But you go the right answer,
anyhow. ;<)

In my Quicken 2010 Deluxe on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, QUSER.INI is at:
C:\Users\RC\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\Quicken\Config

Yours, of course, will be at YOUR <username>, not RC.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX