From: ps56k on

"R. C. White" <rc(a)grandecom.net> wrote in message
> Hi, Tim.
>
> As the others pointed out, you forgot to mention which version - of either
> Quicken or Windows - that you are using. But you go the right answer,
> anyhow. ;<)
>
> In my Quicken 2010 Deluxe on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, QUSER.INI is at:
> C:\Users\RC\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\Quicken\Config
>
> Yours, of course, will be at YOUR <username>, not RC.

wow - they really moved things around for Windows 7 -

With no direct and easy migration from XP to Vista/Windows 7,
I'm happy to just stay put on XP.

From: Ken Blake on
On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:59:56 -0500, "ps56k"
<pschuman_no_spam_me(a)interserv.com> wrote:

> "R. C. White" <rc(a)grandecom.net> wrote in message
> > Hi, Tim.
> >
> > As the others pointed out, you forgot to mention which version - of either
> > Quicken or Windows - that you are using. But you go the right answer,
> > anyhow. ;<)
> >
> > In my Quicken 2010 Deluxe on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, QUSER.INI is at:
> > C:\Users\RC\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\Quicken\Config
> >
> > Yours, of course, will be at YOUR <username>, not RC.
> >

> wow - they really moved things around for Windows 7 -
>
> With no direct and easy migration from XP to Vista/Windows 7,
> I'm happy to just stay put on XP.

You choice, of course, but let me mention that you *can* do a direct
upgrade from XP to Vista (but not to Windows 7).

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: ps56k on

"Ken Blake" <kblake(a)this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:59:56 -0500, "ps56k"
> <pschuman_no_spam_me(a)interserv.com> wrote:
>

>> "R. C. White" <rc(a)grandecom.net> wrote in message
>> > Hi, Tim.
>> >
>> > As the others pointed out, you forgot to mention which version - of
>> > either
>> > Quicken or Windows - that you are using. But you go the right answer,
>> > anyhow. ;<)
>> >
>> > In my Quicken 2010 Deluxe on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, QUSER.INI is at:
>> > C:\Users\RC\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\Quicken\Config
>> >
>> > Yours, of course, will be at YOUR <username>, not RC.
>> >

>> wow - they really moved things around for Windows 7 -
>>
>> With no direct and easy migration from XP to Vista/Windows 7,
>> I'm happy to just stay put on XP.
>

> You choice, of course, but let me mention that you *can* do a direct
> upgrade from XP to Vista (but not to Windows 7).

full inplace migration & upgrade from XP -> Vista ?
must have mentally deleted that after actually seeing Vista reqs & resource
usage

From: Ken Blake on
On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 16:41:17 -0500, "ps56k"
<pschuman_no_spam_me(a)interserv.com> wrote:

> "Ken Blake" <kblake(a)this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message

> > You choice, of course, but let me mention that you *can* do a direct
> > upgrade from XP to Vista (but not to Windows 7).
> >

> full inplace migration & upgrade from XP -> Vista ?
> must have mentally deleted that after actually seeing Vista reqs & resource
> usage

Yes, no problem at all.

From: JimH on
Ken Blake wrote:

> You choice, of course, but let me mention that you *can* do a direct
> upgrade from XP to Vista (but not to Windows 7).

I did that on my laptop. I don't consider it an upgrade. I don't use the
laptop much. If I did, I'd reinstall XP. I haven't used Windows 7 yet,
but Vista is awful.