From: bstaber on
Very easy question for everyone...

I have Quicken 2007 and I am trying to do a year end copy. Currently
I have several years worth of data and I only want this years
noncleared information up to 1-1-07 and the older years saved udner a
different file.

Any tips???

The Help for this operation doesn't make any sense. I have tried the
operation 2 different times and each time I still have all of the old
data.

Thanks

From: Andrew on
bstaber(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Very easy question for everyone...
>
> I have Quicken 2007 and I am trying to do a year end copy. Currently
> I have several years worth of data and I only want this years
> noncleared information up to 1-1-07 and the older years saved udner a
> different file.
>
> Any tips???
>
> The Help for this operation doesn't make any sense. I have tried the
> operation 2 different times and each time I still have all of the old
> data.
>
> Thanks

FILE-->FILE OPERATIONS-->YEAR END COPY-->use CURRENT DATA FILE
OPTION-->SPECIFY 1/1/2007 date. You should end up with two files, one with
all cleared transactions before 1/1/2007, and the other with all current,
non-cleared (and those that can't be archived like investment transactions
that are needed for cost basis calculations) in a new file. I believe Q
will ask you which one you want to open after the operation. Make sure you
make a BACKUP first.

Regards -

- Andrew

From: JACL on
You need to 'reconcile' each a/c first, the 'CLR' column should have an 'R'
in it.
JACL

From: Andrew on
JACL wrote:
> You need to 'reconcile' each a/c first, the 'CLR' column should have
> an 'R' in it.
> JACL

What???

Regards -