From: Lea on
I manage 2 different accounts on Quicken. Seems to me the one of the
files has been dropped in one of the accounts. In what I will call MY
ACCT there are 4 files, and in YR ACCT there are 5 files. The missing
one is ****.HCX. it has only 7 Kb compared to 2200 in the big QDF
file.

I am sure that in the passed, I always had 5 files in each a/c. For
now I cant see what is missing and am functioning OK, but isnt this
puzzling. Does anyone know what the HCX file contains?

From: John Pollard on
Lea wrote:
> I manage 2 different accounts on Quicken. Seems to me the one of the
> files has been dropped in one of the accounts. In what I will call MY
> ACCT there are 4 files, and in YR ACCT there are 5 files. The missing
> one is ****.HCX. it has only 7 Kb compared to 2200 in the big QDF
> file.
>
> I am sure that in the passed, I always had 5 files in each a/c. For
> now I cant see what is missing and am functioning OK, but isnt this
> puzzling. Does anyone know what the HCX file contains?

I believe there is no "HCX" file in your (or anyone's) Quicken data
fileset.

I have no idea where that file came from, but here is a link to one
explanation of the use of that file extension.

http://filext.com/file-extension/HCX

I suggest you ignore that ".hcx" file ... at least for Quicken purposes.

[In the future, when you post a question; I think it would help those who
want to help you to include your Quicken year/version/release: such as,
Q2010 RPM R5 (which is the most current year/version/release of Quicken
.... Rental Property Manager).]

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

From: Tod on
On Feb 15, 3:24 pm, Lea <lea...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I manage  2 different accounts on Quicken.  Seems to me the one of the
> files has been dropped in one of the accounts.  In what I will call MY
> ACCT there are 4 files, and in YR ACCT there are 5 files.  The missing
> one is  ****.HCX.  it has only 7 Kb compared to 2200 in the big QDF
> file.
>
> I am sure that in the passed, I always had 5 files in each a/c.  For
> now I cant see what is missing  and am functioning OK, but isnt this
> puzzling.  Does anyone know what the HCX file contains?

I believe the HCX file is associated with tracking of historical
currency exchange rates in the Canadian version of Quicken. Would
that apply to you?