From: - on
>Intuit never claimed that Quicken can process OFX files.
They described the product as "Quicken 2004", not "Quicken 2000"

>Intuit has a
>value-added implementation using defined interfaces to create QFX files
>that Quicken can process.

Agreed: "hobble" & "crippleware" are sardonic words for the same thing.

>"Reasonable" is reasonable from others engaged in the same trade or
>industry, not from some walkabout on the street that has no knowledge
>of the issues involved.

Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994...An Act to amend the law relating to
the sale of goods; to make provision as to the terms to be implied

(2A) For the purposes of this Act, goods are of satisfactory quality if
they meet the standard that a reasonable person would regard as
satisfactory, taking account of any description of the goods, the price
(if relevant) and all the other relevant circumstances.
(2B) For the purposes of this Act, the quality of goods includes their
state and condition and the following (among others) are in appropriate
cases aspects of the quality of goods?
(a) fitness for all the purposes for which goods of the kind in question
are commonly supplied,

>> Intuit's view, expressed in their help file, is this
>> Q: "what if I don't see my financial institution on this list?"
>> A: "consider applying for an account with one of these financial
>> institutions".
Two of them.

>Perfectly acceptable.

"Other relevant circumstances" might include whether Intuit can
un-hobble this software with a patch, but have chosen not to.
--
nothing in this e-mail is likely to be published or lead to fame, fortune or
other trappings of celebrity such as free invites to exotic promotional