From: David H. Lipman on
From: "CSM1" <nomail(a)nomoremail.com>

| "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in

>> From: "Hooter" <ccbob(a)comcast.net>

>>| Sure, but I have to do that every time I reboot the computer. Not
>>| supposed to work that way.

>> No, it should stick.

>> Have you tried a different account on the platform ?

| you should not be in Quicken or any other program to set the default
| printer.

| I don't have Windows 7, but the common way it via Control Panel and
| Printers and Faxes.

| In Printers and Faxes, right click your printer and select Set as
| Default printer if there is no check mark on the printer shortcut.

Yes, that is why I specifically wrote "go to the Printer Control Panel applet".

--
Dave

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "R. C. White" <rc(a)grandecom.net>

| Hi, Bob.

| In Win7, go to Control Panel | Devices and Printers. Right-click on the
| icon for your HP 6480, then choose "Set as default printer" from the context
| menu. You should see a white check mark in a green circle on the default
| printer. Quicken should then default to your HP printer, and this default
| should survive restarts. The context menu for the Quicken PDF Printer also
| has an option to Remove device. I've never used Quicken Home & Business,
| but this is how it works in Quicken 2010 Deluxe.

| (I found this page by typing "default printer' into Win7's Help and Support.
| To go straight to Devices and Printers, just press Start and type "default
| printer" or just "printers".)

| For those who are still using WinXP and haven't seen Win7's display for
| managing Devices and Printers, I'm attaching a shot from the Windows
| Snipping Tool.

You do realize that this is a text only, discussion, news group. No attachements!

Attachments in the alt.* hierarchy should be *only* be posted to the alt.binaries.*
hierarchy.

--
Dave

From: R. C. White on
Hi, Dave.

I wasn't sure if the attachment would go through or not. It wasn't really
necessary, but I thought it might interest some readers. Thanks for the
reminder.

At least, the text got through, apparently, since your Reply quotes it, but
my post hasn't arrived here yet. I hope Bob gets the message, one way or
another.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "R. C. White" <rc(a)grandecom.net>

| Hi, Dave.

| I wasn't sure if the attachment would go through or not. It wasn't really
| necessary, but I thought it might interest some readers. Thanks for the
| reminder.

| At least, the text got through, apparently, since your Reply quotes it, but
| my post hasn't arrived here yet. I hope Bob gets the message, one way or
| another.

Two ways to go. Host graphic on a HTTP site or post in a binaries group and point to the
post via Msg. ID or subject group and time.

--
Dave

From: Laura on
R. C. White wrote:
> Hi, Dave.
>
> I wasn't sure if the attachment would go through or not. It wasn't
> really necessary, but I thought it might interest some readers.
> Thanks for the reminder.
>
> At least, the text got through, apparently, since your Reply quotes
> it, but my post hasn't arrived here yet. I hope Bob gets the message,
> one way or another.
>
> RC
Actually, your message did not make it through to the news server I use
to read this group. I had to look for your message on another server I
have setup. This server only allows messages of a certain size to get
posted so your message never made it.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Web Connect Problem