From: Hooter on
Ever since installing Quicken 2010 for Home & Business every time I
reboot the computer it resets the default printer to Quickenpdf . My
printer for everything is HP 6480 and it is set within Quicken to be
the default for printing reports, checks and invoices. I tried to
delete the Quicken pdf printer but Windows 7 will now allow it to be
uninstalled. Anyone have any thoughts on the problem here and a
solution.

Bob McBride
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Hooter" <ccbob(a)comcast.net>

| Ever since installing Quicken 2010 for Home & Business every time I
| reboot the computer it resets the default printer to Quickenpdf . My
| printer for everything is HP 6480 and it is set within Quicken to be
| the default for printing reports, checks and invoices. I tried to
| delete the Quicken pdf printer but Windows 7 will now allow it to be
| uninstalled. Anyone have any thoughts on the problem here and a
| solution.

| Bob McBride

You can't go to the Printer Control Panel applet and choose the "HP 6480" as the default
printer ?

--
Dave

From: Hooter on
Sure, but I have to do that every time I reboot the computer. Not
supposed to work that way.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Hooter" <ccbob(a)comcast.net>

| Sure, but I have to do that every time I reboot the computer. Not
| supposed to work that way.

No, it should stick.

Have you tried a different account on the platform ?

--
Dave

From: CSM1 on
"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in

> From: "Hooter" <ccbob(a)comcast.net>
>
>| Sure, but I have to do that every time I reboot the computer. Not
>| supposed to work that way.
>
> No, it should stick.
>
> Have you tried a different account on the platform ?

you should not be in Quicken or any other program to set the default
printer.

I don't have Windows 7, but the common way it via Control Panel and
Printers and Faxes.

In Printers and Faxes, right click your printer and select Set as
Default printer if there is no check mark on the printer shortcut.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
 |  Next  |  Last