From: PE on
Hi all: I'm using QPremiere 2010 on a pc running on Win7/HP/64.
Periodically, the Quicken sounds disappear. Each time it's happened I've
gone into the "Sound" applet in Control Panel, and on the "Sounds" tab I've
re-associated the events with the desired sounds. Then, after running the
program a few times the sounds disappear and I've returned to Control
Panel/Sound/Sounds to see that the associations have vanished. Anyone know
why this happens, and how to configure so-as to avoid recurrences? I've
also made the appropriate entries on the program's configuration. Thanks
for your replies!

From: Ray on
On 7/19/2010 12:00 AM, PE wrote:
> Hi all: I'm using QPremiere 2010 on a pc running on Win7/HP/64.
> Periodically, the Quicken sounds disappear. Each time it's happened I've
> gone into the "Sound" applet in Control Panel, and on the "Sounds" tab
> I've re-associated the events with the desired sounds. Then, after
> running the program a few times the sounds disappear and I've returned
> to Control Panel/Sound/Sounds to see that the associations have
> vanished. Anyone know why this happens, and how to configure so-as to
> avoid recurrences? I've also made the appropriate entries on the
> program's configuration. Thanks for your replies!

would you believe I'm running Q-2003 and have just recently run into almost the
same problem... although mo sounds have returned after retrying to reconfigure
it...... no reason for it..
From: dieHard� on
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 21:00:42 -0700, "PE" <ple(a)ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>Hi all: I'm using QPremiere 2010 on a pc running on Win7/HP/64.
>Periodically, the Quicken sounds disappear. Each time it's happened I've
>gone into the "Sound" applet in Control Panel, and on the "Sounds" tab I've
>re-associated the events with the desired sounds. Then, after running the
>program a few times the sounds disappear and I've returned to Control
>Panel/Sound/Sounds to see that the associations have vanished. Anyone know
>why this happens, and how to configure so-as to avoid recurrences? I've
>also made the appropriate entries on the program's configuration. Thanks
>for your replies!

I've found in Windows 7 that this has happened when changing desktop
themes, which along with your wallpaper also can change your sound
scheme. Apparently Q2010 only adds sound events to the default theme
- changing it can turn the sounds off
From: PE on
I think you may be on to something there. As I think about it, I believe
that I WAS experimenting with the desktop. Thanks for the comment.