From: D.Duck on
I've used MS Money for years and have recently switched to Quicken Home and
Business. In Money when entering a bond transaction there is a box to enter
accrued interest. In Quicken I find no such animal in the transaction
register. What I've been doing is entering it as a plus or minus in the
Comm/Fee box. Is there a better alternative.

A second issue is that When I open Quicken Help and click the Search tab,
there is nothing there, just blank. Anyone else notice this?

Quicken 2010 H&B R10

From: Jim H on
D.Duck wrote:
> I've used MS Money for years and have recently switched to Quicken Home
> and Business. In Money when entering a bond transaction there is a box
> to enter accrued interest. In Quicken I find no such animal in the
> transaction register. What I've been doing is entering it as a plus or
> minus in the Comm/Fee box. Is there a better alternative.
>
> A second issue is that When I open Quicken Help and click the Search
> tab, there is nothing there, just blank. Anyone else notice this?
>
> Quicken 2010 H&B R10

I just looked at the bond purchases that I did several years ago. The
pop-up for the transaction has a space for accrued interest. You have to
use the "Bonds Bought" transaction.
--
Jim
From: D.Duck on

"Jim H" <jimh(a)invalid.com> wrote in message
> D.Duck wrote:
>> I've used MS Money for years and have recently switched to Quicken Home
>> and Business. In Money when entering a bond transaction there is a box
>> to enter accrued interest. In Quicken I find no such animal in the
>> transaction register. What I've been doing is entering it as a plus or
>> minus in the Comm/Fee box. Is there a better alternative.
>>
>> A second issue is that When I open Quicken Help and click the Search tab,
>> there is nothing there, just blank. Anyone else notice this?
>>
>> Quicken 2010 H&B R10
>
> I just looked at the bond purchases that I did several years ago. The
> pop-up for the transaction has a space for accrued interest. You have to
> use the "Bonds Bought" transaction.
> --
> Jim

Thanks. Like I used to do in Money, I entered the transaction from the
Transaction List. There is no Bonds Bought option from there. But from the
"Enter Transaction" drop down that option is available.

Just having learning pains with Quicken after all the years with Money.

Thanks again.