From: BobS on

I need to copy my sutomatically Outlook.pst file to my wife's computer
(via my LAN) each day, and believe it is required to exit OL to do so.
Does anybody have any experience using QuitOutlook either from a batch
file or from Windows 7 Task Scheduler to terminate Outlook 2007?
Otherwise, does anybody have another good way to terminate Outlook 2007
from a batch file or the task scheduler? Thank you for any help or
insight you can give.
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
It's as good as any other method but any time you use tools like this to
crash outlook, you can corrupt the pst. Usually its not bad and outlook can
repair it when it restarts.

You might want to try the PSTDisconnectDelay key - this will release the
lock after a period of inactivity. See
http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2009/up090212.htm#4 for more information.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: BobS on
On 3/28/2010 9:49 PM, Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
> It's as good as any other method but any time you use tools like this
> to crash outlook, you can corrupt the pst. Usually its not bad and
> outlook can repair it when it restarts.
>
> You might want to try the PSTDisconnectDelay key - this will release
> the lock after a period of inactivity. See
> http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2009/up090212.htm#4 for more information.

Thank you very much Diane for your help. I will check these out.
Thanks again. Bob