From: Nik on
Can I redirect my users to probably a website or a document on the server
whenever they get the warning about their mailbox reaching its limit?
I'm hoping to create a document that will explain to them how to better
manage their mailboxes to avoid such issues
Thanks
Nik

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:43:57 -0400, "Nik" <test> wrote:

>Can I redirect my users to probably a website or a document on the server
>whenever they get the warning about their mailbox reaching its limit?
>I'm hoping to create a document that will explain to them how to better
>manage their mailboxes to avoid such issues

What release of Exchange?

Use "New-SystemMessage" if you're running Exchange 2007. If it's 2003,
well, you _can_ do it, but it involves some messing around with DLLs
and localization strings.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Nik on
2003sp2 on Windows Server 2003 SP2

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 16:58:32 -0400, "Nik" <test> wrote:

>2003sp2 on Windows Server 2003 SP2

Seriously? I wouldn't mess with it. You'll not only put the software
into an "unsupported" state, you'll also be making the same
modifications over and over whenever the DLL is replaced by a hotfix.

You'll probably find "how to" links, though, if you're committed to
doing this.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Fuzzy Logic on
"Nik" <test> wrote in news:OGIhQRhxKHA.2012(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

> 2003sp2 on Windows Server 2003 SP2
>
> "Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews(a)rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:43:57 -0400, "Nik" <test> wrote:
>>
>>>Can I redirect my users to probably a website or a document on the server
>>>whenever they get the warning about their mailbox reaching its limit?
>>>I'm hoping to create a document that will explain to them how to better
>>>manage their mailboxes to avoid such issues
>>
>> What release of Exchange?
>>
>> Use "New-SystemMessage" if you're running Exchange 2007. If it's 2003,
>> well, you _can_ do it, but it involves some messing around with DLLs
>> and localization strings.
>> ---
>> Rich Matheisen
>> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

I haven't used this but it should do the trick:

Microsoft Exchange Server Quota Message Service

<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=EB52F6AB-E07A-476C-B32B-
145AF6EA970C&displaylang=en>

<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb508861(EXCHG.65).aspx>

apologies for the wrapped URL