From: JimTheAverage on
When I use the pen tool or the lasso tool in PS CS4 and I draw curves,
my curves are all jagged - not smooth.

Is there a way to make PS CS4 automatically smooth my lines like
Illustrator does?
From: Kabuki on

"JimTheAverage" <ljhubbardjr(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> When I use the pen tool or the lasso tool in PS CS4 and I draw curves,
> my curves are all jagged - not smooth.
>
> Is there a way to make PS CS4 automatically smooth my lines like
> Illustrator does?

no and it's a weird tool to learn
the pen tool >>convert the point first
then you have to manipulate the handles

From: Ragnar on

"JimTheAverage" <ljhubbardjr(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> When I use the pen tool or the lasso tool in PS CS4 and I draw curves,
> my curves are all jagged - not smooth.
>
> Is there a way to make PS CS4 automatically smooth my lines like
> Illustrator does?

Make sure your image is a reasonable size. If it is only a few thousand
pixels in area the lines will inevitably appear jagged. Experiment with a
sample image 100 x 100 pixels in size and then with one 1000 x 1000 pixels.

HTH
R.