From: yirg.kenya on
On Apr 30, 9:31 am, "Keith" <keithtu...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> I thought 4 GB with a limit of 32 bit operaitng systems, not a hardware
> limitation. These is not enough address space in a 32 bit system to address
> more the 4  GB of RAM (unless you are running a server OS with some clever
> workarounds)

This is absolutely correct.

What's also an issue is by default win32 limits each process, i.e.,
each application, to 2GB of virtual address space. This won't affect
most of us, but I have seen it in the corporate heavy duty data
processing environment. If you exceed this limit it's sayanara. It
thoroughly boggles my mind that corporations with enterprise level
heavy-duty data processing use any 32 bit systems these days for such,
let alone a windows one. I have first hand experience, unfortunately.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Dimension 8100 Power Supply Problem
Next: Cloning FYI