From: George Herold on
On Jul 27, 1:56 pm, "Joel Koltner" <zapwireDASHgro...(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:
> "john1987" <conphil...(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > Thanks for the replies. Honestly this is not a home work. I am not
> > good at Analog design at all and learning the ropes. How does the
> > bandpass filter work with Vin positive and Vin neagtive proposed by
> > Jim.
>
> Do you understand how superposition works?  If so, the intuitive way to view
> that circuit is that with the "-Vin" side set to ground, the output from "Vin"
> is your standard low-pass RC filter (...with 45 degree phase shift at
> 1/(2piRC), etc.).  Then, with "Vin" set to ground, the output from the "-Vin"
> side is your standard high-pass CR filter.  The overall output is the sum of
> these two.
>
> Alternatively, you can just crank through the algebra... are you familiar with
> phasors (or Laplace transforms) and Kirchoff/Noton/Ohm's laws?
>
> (I have a book aimed at electronic techs getting 2-year degrees, and their
> insistance on avoiding phasors makes a lot of the problem much more difficult;
> I felt they were doing their students a disservice, as I think you can teach
> people how to *use* phasors in just a couple of classes, which is of great
> utility even if they don't fully understand the bit of math behind it or the
> connection with Fourier/Laplace transforms.)
>
> ---Joel

Hi Joel, I learned all about phasor's in college, and like them.
(Though hardly use them.) Have you ever read "The Physics of
Vibration vol. I" by AB Pippard? (RIP) Another man who loves
phasors. And other graphical images.

George H.

From: john1987 on
Hi,

Hpw is this circuit working? Can some advice!

John
From: Joel Koltner on
Hi George,

"George Herold" <gherold(a)teachspin.com> wrote in message
>Hi Joel, I learned all about phasor's in college, and like them.
>(Though hardly use them.) Have you ever read "The Physics of
>Vibration vol. I" by AB Pippard? (RIP) Another man who loves
>phasors. And other graphical images.

No, I haven't -- I stick it on my Amazon watchlist. Thanks for the title!

---Joel