From: Ian on
Testing RD Gateway as following:

Win7 ---1--> ISA2006 ---2--> RDGW ---3---> RDSH

Connection 1 : HTTPS
Connection 2 : HTTPS
Connection 3 does not need HTTPS

Possible to setup connection 3 in this way, special setup for it?

From: Rob Leitman [MSFT] on

"Ian" <Ian(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Testing RD Gateway as following:
>
> Win7 ---1--> ISA2006 ---2--> RDGW ---3---> RDSH
>
> Connection 1 : HTTPS
> Connection 2 : HTTPS
> Connection 3 does not need HTTPS
>
> Possible to setup connection 3 in this way, special setup for it?

Yes, here's a guide for setting it up this way:

http://blogs.msdn.com/rds/archive/2010/01/08/publish-rd-gateway-on-an-isa-server-using-a-script.aspx

Note that connection 3 never uses HTTPS. It uses RDP, over port 3389.

Rob

From: Ian on
When using RDC on Win7 to connect RDSH var ISA2006 & RDGW, I got a window
popup:
The remote computer could not be authenticated due to problems with its
seciurity certificate. It may be unsafe to proceed.
Name in the certificate from the remote computer:
RDSH.mydomain.com
Certificate errors:
The certificate is not from a trusted certifying authority.
Do you want to connect despite these cerfiticate errors?

When I clicked Yes, I was able to get in RDSH server
If Connection 3 is not HTTPS, why did RDSH present to Win7 with its
certificate that is not from a trusted certifying authority?

I found this certificate in Certificate Snap-in \ Console Root \
Certificates(Local Computer) \ Remote Desktop store on RDSH server. I also
found that this certificate already exists after RDSH is built. It is new for
Windows Server 2008 (R2).

From: Rob Leitman [MSFT] on

> When using RDC on Win7 to connect RDSH var ISA2006 & RDGW, I got a window
> popup:
> The remote computer could not be authenticated due to problems with its
> seciurity certificate. It may be unsafe to proceed.
> Name in the certificate from the remote computer:
> RDSH.mydomain.com
> Certificate errors:
> The certificate is not from a trusted certifying authority.
> Do you want to connect despite these cerfiticate errors?
>
> When I clicked Yes, I was able to get in RDSH server
> If Connection 3 is not HTTPS, why did RDSH present to Win7 with its
> certificate that is not from a trusted certifying authority?
>
> I found this certificate in Certificate Snap-in \ Console Root \
> Certificates(Local Computer) \ Remote Desktop store on RDSH server. I also
> found that this certificate already exists after RDSH is built. It is new
> for
> Windows Server 2008 (R2).
>

> "Rob Leitman [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> "Ian" <Ian(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Testing RD Gateway as following:
>> >
>> > Win7 ---1--> ISA2006 ---2--> RDGW ---3---> RDSH
>> >
>> > Connection 1 : HTTPS
>> > Connection 2 : HTTPS
>> > Connection 3 does not need HTTPS
>> >
>> > Possible to setup connection 3 in this way, special setup for it?
>> >

>> Yes, here's a guide for setting it up this way:
>>
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/rds/archive/2010/01/08/publish-rd-gateway-on-an-isa-server-using-a-script.aspx
>>
>> Note that connection 3 never uses HTTPS. It uses RDP, over port 3389.

The client needs to authenticate that the server is the one you think you're
connecting to.

See these blog posts for more information:

http://blogs.msdn.com/rds/archive/tags/Server+Authentication/default.aspx

Rob

From: Ian on
I am able to remote logon RDSH event that certificate windows popup.
But when connecting to another domain server called SG I got:
Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer
"sg.mydomain.com" for one of these reasons:

1) Your user account is not listed in the RD Geateway's permission list
2) You might have specified the remote computer in NetBIOS format (for
example, computer1), but the RD Gateway is expecting an FQDN or IP address
format (for expample, computer1.fafrikam.com or 157.60.0.1).

Contact you rnet work administrator for assistance.
..Both servers are in RAP Allowed Resources list.
..Login as domain\administrator
..use FQDN
..using the same way to connect SG as to RDSH (just changing the name on RDC).

The differenct for these 2 servers is RDSH is Windows Server 2008 R2 EE and
SG is Windows Server 2003 R2 EE