From: John Smith on
I have a Windows 2003 server that used to run Remote Desktop just fine.. We
rebooted it yesterday and after the reboot, Remote Desktop won't work.

I've narrowed the problem down (probably) to that under the Terminal
Services Manager, the server shows up, and it shows a Console connection but
it doesn't show "RDP-Tcp (listener)".

Anyone have a suggestion to get that added or started?

From: Trust No One? on

"John Smith" <nzsms(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Windows 2003 server that used to run Remote Desktop just fine.. We
>rebooted it yesterday and after the reboot, Remote Desktop won't work.
>
> I've narrowed the problem down (probably) to that under the Terminal
> Services Manager, the server shows up, and it shows a Console connection
> but it doesn't show "RDP-Tcp (listener)".
>
> Anyone have a suggestion to get that added or started?

Hi John,

I posted Tuesday regarding a similar problem with some of our Windows 2003
SP1 servers.

<http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services/msg/b9bfaeec3c47d045?hl=en>

I'm raising a ticket to Microsoft PSS when I return to work on Monday. I
believe it is a side effect of the last round of security hotfixes.

Meanwhile try running "gpupdate" to restore Terminal Services functionality.

If this works for you then you can place the command in a startup script as
a temporary measure.

hth

--
Peter <X-Files Fan>

From: John Smith on
Thank you for your response. I have try the gpupdate with no luck. I have
checked and we have only sp1 installed, bur not anything else. It works fine
for one month but failed since last reboot due to the need of CA Integrated
Threat Management installation.