From: Jefffff on
Hello,

I am testing a new RDS environment on Server 2008 R2. I configured an RDS
Host server, and then a second server as the web and gateway for the host. I
published apps, and I believe the web and gateway are functioning, but I have
a certificate issue with my host.

Because I planned to do all of the SSL at the web and gateway, I did not
originally configure a certificate for the host. I found that I got
certificate warnings when I accessed a remote apps from the web, so I
generated and installed a certificate for the host, configured RDS to use the
new certificate from my CA in Remote App Manager, and republished the remote
apps.

However, the newly configured remote apps did not use my certificate from my
CA, even though the settings in Remote App Manager seem so suggest that my
cert will be used. I cannot see a setting at the remote app level for this.
I tried deleting the self signed cert from the certificates snapin, placing
my cert in the remote desktop store for the computer, but the server
generates a new self-signed certificate and uses it. I see this information
message after a reboot:

Event ID: 1056
A new self signed certificate to be used for Terminal Server authentication
on SSL connections was generated. The name on this certificate is <FQDN name
of the server>. The SHA1 hash of the certificate is in the event data.

I assume that there is a step somewhere that I am missing to get the host to
use my certificate. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thank you in advance.

--
thanks,

Jeff Winters,