From: Tony of MBD on
Hi,
Is it me or is it not possible to enable composition when using PowerShell
and the 'Add-WindowsFeature' command to add
'RDS-RD-Server,Desktop-Experience'?
If I user Server manager role wizard to add the RDSH service and tick the
'allow composition' option then composition works ok when connecting via RDP.
Although if I use the 'Add-WindowsFeature' to add RDSH composition then it
refuses to work, even though Themes is install and running, local policy
"ComputerConfiguration\AdministrativeTemplates\WindowsComponents\Remote
Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Remote Session Environment\Allow
desktop composition for remote desktop sessions" is set and RDP Customisation
has 'allow desktop composition:i:1' set and RDP-Tcp has 'Limit max color
depth' unticked.

Regards
Tony of MBD