From: Phil Hibbs on
Here's a snippet of the code I'm using:

oConn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"Data Source=" & strFilePath & ";" & _
"Extended Properties=""text;HDR=Yes;FMT=Delimited"""

Set oRS = CreateObject("ADODB.RECORDSET")

'Now actually open the text file and import into Excel
oRS.Open "SELECT * FROM " & strFilename, oConn, 3, 1, 1

When I do the oRS.Open, it fails to find the file. I renamed the file
to something shorter, and it works. Is there a limit to the length of
the file name or the path for this operation? Was it that my file name
contained multiple dots, or an underscore? I could test each of these,
and I probably will (it is still running, the file is... rather
large...) but if someone knows what the problem is then that would be
nice.

Phil Hibbs.
From: Phil Hibbs on
It seems to have been the extra . in the filename, it was in the form
XXXX.YYYY.csv. Very annoying, I don't want to have to rename my files,
so I have to copy it to a different file name and then delete the
temporary copy after.

Phil Hibbs.