From: DianneZ on
In Project 2007 - when I set a recurring task such as a meeting for every
week, i get what I assume to be the elapsed time between the first and last
occurance of the recurring meeting. Can I get the summary task to show just
the total of all the meeting times IE if each meeting is 1 hour, and there
are 3 of them, 3 hours.
Currently it shows something like 72 hours!
Thank you
From: "Steve House" sjhouse at hotmail dot on
This is due to the base definition of duration when applied to a summary
task ... the total amount of calendat working time between the start of the
earliest occuring subtask and the end of the latest finishing subtask. This
is true of all summary tasks, including the rolled-up representation of a
series of recurring tasks.

--
Steve House
MS Project Trainer & Consultant